• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need a pond dug in my back yard 8' x 8' x 4' - approximate

Stick a piece of PVC pipe in the ground and start a seperate thread about the mystery of why it's there. Half of ODT will show up with shovels to dig it up.

Surprised the ground is that hard there as it doesn't appear to be red-clay type soil. I would rent a rototiller and go over the 8 x 8 area to loosen the soil to two or three inches, rake or shovel it out and fill with water and let it set overnight, repeat and see if it doesn't loosen the soil enough to use the rototiller. May have to do this two or three times. I helped my son dig a hole about 12 miles north of you in red clay to set out a 12 foot tree - tough go.

Surprised the ground is that hard there as it doesn't appear to be red-clay type soil. I would rent a rototiller and go over the 8 x 8 area to loosen the soil to two or three inches, rake or shovel it out and fill with water and let it set overnight, repeat and see if it doesn't loosen the soil enough to use the rototiller. May have to do this two or three times. I helped my son dig a hole about 12 miles north of you in red clay to set out a 12 foot tree - tough go.

This is the answer. I've been filling the hole with water, letting it soak and then using the auger. It's working.

Thank you so much!

My house backs to some woods so with the dirt I don't use from the hole to build up around the edges with rocks I can just dump I'm the woods.

I will have happy kids. And sore forearms and back.

If you dig some whenever the rain has the soil soft you will get there but that is a very large hole to dig by hand in any soil.

Back
Top Bottom