• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need ride to Athens, maybe in a helicopter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just drop into Blue Ridge Helicopters and they will probably answer all my questions and fill me in on a ton of things that I have not considered. Thanks!
They have a ride you can take where they let you take over the controls

Planes and helicopters are the worlds most efficient way to turn your money into noise, better than race cars even .

I spent 8 years in the Navy working on helicopters. When we were deployed we could jump on a flight most anytime and buzz around. I also got a chance to get some stick time and fly when we were in Japan and Philippines. It's lots of fun. I've often thought about getting a fixed wing license and then transition to helicopters but it's way to expensive of a hobby for me. I'd have to give up my guns and fishing boat and that isn't happening.

You need several thousand hours to make above around 40K where I reside currently. I work with a retired full bird colonel from the army who had all his instrumentation and flying cerifications from being a Kiowa Pilot, but serious private helicopter jobs are very rare to find and public pilots like life support and medevac pilots really don't get paid as much as you'd think. Same with junior fixed wing pilots.
Texas has some heilo jobs flying out executives to the oil rigs but you have to have your hours in and then some to fly over water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom