• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I picked up a Dead Wolf on I-20... then THIS happened.

What could have caused the fire?

• Total voters
A VERY NICE citizen in a silver Chevrolet!!!... He may have saved my life.
I thought he was "road raging" me, he saw the smoke (I guess) and stayed beside me A LONG time trying to get me to pull over.
I said to myself "Self we are not getting into a gunfight because some jackleg doesn't think me going 72 (YES, in the slow lane :)) is fast enough. Don't make eye contact with him." :pound:
He got in front of me, slowed down with his flashers on, I passed him...
He flashed his lights at me once he was behind me, waving his arms...
Then pulled up beside me and pointed to the rear and said (reading his lips I never rolled down my window) "Something is wrong with your car"
I never saw or smelt smoke, I thought maybe my tire was low or something... this dude sure is excited about a low tire, maybe he sells tires. :pound:
Thank You JESUS, and good citizen on I-20 yesterday.:thumb:

That could have turned out bad! Good guy for sure to take that much concern for you, or maybe he was worried about you messing up the Ala highway, lol, happy to hear it turned out good for you.

They just don't make cars like they used to: I had a 88 Honda Civic hatchback in the 90's. Going to Atlanta and decided to check the oil. Left off the oil cap. Got to the middle of down town Atlanta and smelled hot oil. Got to the Congress Center and checked it. Oil all over the underside of the hood. Took a sock off and shoved it in. Drove home. Car ran another 300K+ miles. :)

BTW: glad you are okay!!

What model is the blue BMW?

Hubba-hubba!

It's my old man car.
It's almost 10 years old, 2009 Z4 35 (turbo) hard top convertible, it doesn't get out much. only 30,000 miles on it too.
Do you make a soap that makes carbon fiber look like new again. :pound:
_Z4 in snow (1).jpg

35I BlueZ4 (1).jpg 35I BlueZ4 (6).jpg 35I BlueZ4 (17).jpg
flameon_large.png

I would love to drive that puppy on the mountain but, I would have to roll out of it to get out!:D

Several years (probably 10ish or so), BMW had a great deal on a lease for the Z3 or 4 (can't remember which). Anyway, I was thinking about getting one. Went to the AJC car show and sat in it. The top of the windshield cut across the bridge of my nose, so my forehead was sticking out above the top of it. Granted, there was not power to it and the seats might have gone down further, but I saw that as a sign that I didn't need it.

Back
Top Bottom