• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I picked up a Dead Wolf on I-20... then THIS happened.

What could have caused the fire?

• Total voters
Sounds like you were one indifferent self absorbed asshole away from becoming a crispy critter. Glad the Chevy driver alerted you to the inferno.

If he had a dashcam, he might have just followed you so he could post it on youtube. This seems to be SOP for most drivers these days.

Sounds like you were one indifferent self absorbed asshole away from becoming a crispy critter. Glad the Chevy driver alerted you to the inferno.

I'm only like that because it WAS a BMW... I have to keep up the reputation.:)
Trust me, my head is always on a swivel, I can catch a shoplifter almost every time I go into a retail store.
I saw the guy, pretty early on, he had to work hard to get me to pull over, I had my gun in my hand for most of the time...
I was about 90% sure it wasn't going to end well, but the inferno was a total surprise ending. :pound:
Kinda freaked me out when the guy didn't pull over with me...
In hindsight he was probably thinking to himself "I can't believe it took me 5 minutes and 6 miles to save that that crazy Beemer drivers life." :thumb::)

I'm only like that because it WAS a BMW... I have to keep up the reputation.:)
Trust me, my head is always on a swivel, I can catch a shoplifter almost every time I go into a retail store.
I saw the guy, pretty early on, he had to work hard to get me to pull over, I had my gun in my hand for most of the time...
I was about 90% sure it wasn't going to end well, but the inferno was a total surprise ending. :pound:
Kinda freaked me out when the guy didn't pull over with me...
In hindsight he was probably thinking to himself "I can't believe it took me 5 minutes and 6 miles to save that that crazy Beemer drivers life." :thumb::)
One final question. How can you be sure the Chevy didn't have a James Bond type flame thrower mounted? Are you sure he didn't light your car up?

Nice concept BMW came up with for those folks my age that don't want to live on the edge and drive 98 miles on a 100 mile range electric car...

Driving a Molotov cocktail isn't living on the edge???

Man I'm glad you're ok! That was a hell of a fire!

Fingers crossed---I drive a bmw also but mine's not a hybrid lol...

Driving a Molotov cocktail isn't living on the edge???

Man I'm glad you're ok! That was a hell of a fire!

Fingers crossed---I drive a bmw also but mine's not a hybrid lol...

Al Gore told me that when a hybrid burns up on the side of the road it burns cleaner :drum:.
He was wrong AGAIN!!! :pound:

Having been someone who sold tires, we don’t attempt to pull someone over! I used to see bald tires in parking lots all the time. I tend to look at folks tires, all the time. And if you had a low tire your tpms lite would have been fracking you out. I also agree with you on the error os the technician who worked on your car, if the oil cap is missing, which may still be evident, there is the culprit. The folks who do LOFs at dealerships are the least qualified to work on cars. Since the engine is in the rear, you may not have smelled burning oil. Check where you parked it for signs of an oil leak

Wow!

Years ago I got off work at 11pm and headed to a friends house for a party. I got there and next door was a gas station with a 77ish Blazer that had a little fire in the interior. The girl driving it was at my friends house and said that it was her boyfriends and he'd installed a stereo and she saw flames under the dash when she pulled over. By time the FD got there, from 3 miles down the road, the truck was fully engulfed and as they hooked up to the nearby hydrant, the tires started blowing and burning. By time they got it out, it was a skeleton sitting on it's wheels.

It was a hell of a party!

Back
Top Bottom