• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

i promised my wife (man i scrwed up)

What a d***. You should definitely go the honorable route. If you made a deal with an ODTer and backed out immediately I doubt you'd get the same backing from anybody here. This aint about marriage, this is about integrity. Get your big boy pants on and either do what you say or don't say you will. Dammit boy, 5 days and more swaps than days after agreeing to go 30 trade free???

or you can be a man and keep your word, just start your 30 days "suspension" right now. I have restricted myself to just looking at the ODT and I feel better, you can too. I would imagine she would have no problem with you selling? You can tell her a half truth, buy her something and tell her you sold a gun.....

Couldn't agree more. I'm in a long term committed relationship and we're happy. Why screw it up by getting married? I've been divorced for 12 years, she's never been married. I respect her and she respects me but I don't need her permission or approval to do anything. It astonishes me when guys say stuff like "my wife won't let me..." etc. (By the way, she's a curvy Asian girl who likes to shoot big boy guns :D ) It seems to me that most people who stay married only do so out of habit or fear of change or for the kids etc. When people brag about them or their parents being married for 50 years I always wonder how many of those years were they legitimately happy to be together? Humans, especially males, are not genetically predisposed to mate for life. Marriage is a man-made concept created when the average human life expectancy was about 30. It is an outdated concept. Now, before I get tarred and feathered, whoever here has been married for a long time and is still happy, then congratulations. You beat the odds. :p
Wow! It's obvious you have now clue as to what marriage is. You have no clue about commitment either. Marriage is or was in my day a VOW which is a solemn promise,pledge,oath before God ? Committing one's self to another for life! Anyone who tells you marriage is easy is a liar. It is the hardest job one can take on in life. The problems of money,children, careers, age and health are all part of life. The problem is we loose sight of or forget our basic commitment we made and to who. My children are all grown, and as most parents I would give my life to protect them, but in all of their growing up years they all new that my WIFE, who I pledged my life too till my end always came before my children. She did then, she does now. In my opinion it is the best job I ever took on.

Wow! It's obvious you have now clue as to what marriage is. You have no clue about commitment either. Marriage is or was in my day a VOW which is a solemn promise,pledge,oath before God ? Committing one's self to another for life! Anyone who tells you marriage is easy is a liar. It is the hardest job one can take on in life. The problems of money,children, careers, age and health are all part of life. The problem is we loose sight of or forget our basic commitment we made and to who. My children are all grown, and as most parents I would give my life to protect them, but in all of their growing up years they all new that my WIFE, who I pledged my life too till my end always came before my children. She did then, she does now. In my opinion it is the best job I ever took on.

Love it... someone understands what its about

My wife calls the ODT "The Great Shell Game"....she never knows how much I spend or how much I made, just that the guns in the gun locker keep changing. Do yourself a favor and get one of those safes that fit in between the wall studs. They are only 3-1/2" deep and you can barely keep 4 or 5 rifles in there. It will severly restrict you on what you buy and sell. You will think long and hard on what you buy and sell and challenge you to make the most of what you have.

What a d***. You should definitely go the honorable route. If you made a deal with an ODTer and backed out immediately I doubt you'd get the same backing from anybody here. This aint about marriage, this is about integrity. Get your big boy pants on and either do what you say or don't say you will. Dammit boy, 5 days and more swaps than days after agreeing to go 30 trade free???

Why would her finding out matter over you living out dishonesty with someone?

This. I don't have the time nor the inclination to read the entire thread but the above pretty much sums it up. If you feel the need to lie then you either need to re-think your actions or re-think your relationship, end of story. There's no place for dishonesty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom