I quit.....

As a primer for folks reading this - most of the "kits" you buy are a waste of money. I spent a fortune figuring out what actually works and keeps me from smoking.

Basically you need at least 3 batteries and at least two chargers. You need to buy juice in bulk to save money. You need an effective delivery system - I use small tanks. Have backups of your backups as running out of juice or your battery going dead without a spare is a fast way to fall off the wagon...

Okay I don't smoke or anything but what the heck is "vaping"?

Electronic cigarettes, the "smoke" is actually water vapor. You see commercials for Blu brand all the time now on TV. Blu is actually now owned by one of the big tobacco companies (Lorrilard I think). These cigarette-sized kits are for the most part a huge waste of money...

So, I've been without cigs for 5 days. For 25 years I've been a pack and a half smoker and thought I would never be able to give them up. I will admit if I had known all the vaping stuff that was available I think I could have quit a long time ago. I have noticed, however, that I chain "vape". Is this normal?

By the way, the person that had never mentioned a thing to me about my habit seems to be the one most excited. (My daughter)

Yes,it is normal. Remember a cigarette has a begining, a middle, and an end. With vaping it those things are gone. I had to make a mental note and try to pace myself. Worked well too. In the end I would take a few hits every now and then rather than vaping and vaping and vaping some more. lol
You will get the hang of it. Good luck.

Great progress, CB! One day at a time, right?

Do it for your daughter. You can beat this thing.

And once you do, think of all the "extra money" you will have in your pocket at the end of the month.

Electronic cigarettes, the "smoke" is actually water vapor. You see commercials for Blu brand all the time now on TV. Blu is actually now owned by one of the big tobacco companies (Lorrilard I think). These cigarette-sized kits are for the most part a huge waste of money...

I ended up with a Prodigy 6v from Puresmoker.com Awesome unit, wish I would have gotten it first instead of burning up alot of $$ on all the worthless ones first. Best juice for me was Blue Mist vaping carmel tobacco 16mg, very nice and I found Blue mist to have the best juice, imho. Great pricing too.

Keep it up and never look back... A short story... sit back.

I smoked for 22 years. My wife God rest her soul battled many aliments and one of the first was Hodgkin Cancer. Now this lady never smoked a day in her life. I couldnt help but feel my secondary smoke contributed to her getting cancer. This weighed on me for days & weeks.
She was in WVU hospital and just came out of a "Staging" exploratory surgery. They split you stem to stern looking for cancer. Like an
autopsy while you are alive. I drove home in tears still thinking I could have caused this. I sat in my easy chair flipped back
went to light up , and said what the HELL are you doing??? I crumpled up the cigarette and havent smoked since that day. 32 years ago.
I still believe my smoking may have contributed, or caused the cancer cant say for sure. Tina recovered cancer free until she passed away
September 28, 2011.

It will be work, you will crave nicotine like the drug it is. But fight it and your health will be so much better and those around you will not be exposed to the possible dangers of smoking..

Good Luck

Dave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom