• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I shouldn't have done it......It's to late now...

Congrats on catching the 1911 fever:cool:
I'm a 1911 and Springer fan myself.
i1006.photobucket.com_albums_af185_browning1911_000_0665.jpg

Well here is mine!

I spent most of today polishing the frame and barrel, and the slide.

Photographing Stainless steel is HARD!!!!

It looks A LOT better in person, the finish is perfectly blemish free, but somehow the lighting in the picture messes with that.

I distorted it so serial wouldn't be visible

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_DSC02638_3.jpg

That is a nice Springfiled. I know what you mean about the lighting messing with the pics. Try taking a good pic of a nickel plated gun. I have a good camera, and it is still difficult. Great to have you in the 1911 critical care unit. There is always a nice 1911 out there, and I am looking for it.

hey guys thinking of joining this club come tax money time. I was looking at the RIA duo tone in black and stainless. Any input would be welcome about brand as it would be my first 1911 love the springers but don't know about spending the cabbage on the first go around.

Last edited:
Best wishes to you. I enjoyed reading that story almost as much as the "Chicks with Guns" thread.

That danged thread made me miss class today!!!

But back on topic, I brought home my first 1911 yesterday. Its the Colt lightweight defender that was posted up here a few days ago. Ive cleaned it up and fiddled with it, and I am already in love. When I get a chance to run some lead through it, I think it will be the end of me* :(

*read as "my wallet"

Back
Top Bottom