• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I shouldn't have done it......It's to late now...

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
I got my first 1911 the other day.
A Springfield Armory Champion made in November of 96'....

Brought it home and cleaned it all up to get it read for today....

Then Earlier today I made the FATAL mistake......I went out in the back of the property and then it happened....I started shooting it!

A feeling overcame me like no other.

The sun was out the air crisp, just the right temperature not to cold not to warm, birds flying about and squirrels and a few rabbits jumping around in the thicket. The Pistol just felt at home in my hands, like it was meant to be. I looked it over wondering if the "1911 Hype" was about to hold true, if they were truly the holy grail of auto pistols. I chambered a round, it made that un-mistakable crisp sound immediately demanding authority from anything within a distance enough to hear it. I then glanced the pistol over one more time admiring it's beauty and the power it held within itself. As I started raising my arms to point to the target, the sights immediately aligned and were on target, almost as if the pistol aimed itself. I touched the trigger and it broke like glass and the pistol answered back with the utmost authority sending a 230gr. culmination of copper and lead down range 25 yards hitting DEAD CENTER.

To be honest at first I thought I had missed the target because it had hit the dead center which was a black diamond. I then thought to myself that felt right, I can not be that far off. I then proceed to finish the other 7 rounds in the magazine. As I approached the target still trying to figure how on earth I shot so horrible I noticed I had been hitting the target. All 8 rounds were within the size of half dollar(~2").....I counted the wholes at least three times making sure I didn't miscount, but I hadn't, all 8 rounds went where I wanted them to. I looked back at the pistol wondering if I was crazy, "Was this pistol really that good, was I that good? I mean I know the guy said it was very accurate, but this is crazy for a 4'' barrel pistol!".

I love my Glock and Revolvers and always will, but there is a new girl coming to stay. And I am afraid I may not be able to resist the temptation to let her start bringing some of her friends back home to get them away from those horrid glass cases they are entrapped in .....

Please pray for me, for I fear I may have just taken my first hit of a never ending addiction.......

Ahhh.....the 1911 fever. I have a few times, my wife says way too many times. But there is nothing like that first shot with a new or used 1911. I hope you repeat that feeling many times over. Then trade it to me, and get another one.lol

Ah yes, I remember when I got my 1st one. Man I just sat there wondering why I hadn't gotten one earlier. Since then I have never been without at least one.

I have 3, the springfield special operator, was my first also. Even the colts still can't match the first one.

I have had that same...."illness"...for a long time.........LMAO

pic100.picturetrail.com_VOL1528_7068526_22946249_385844427.jpg

It's hard not to love an accurate pistol. I've been told the 1911 is hard to learn to shoot, I've been told a lot of other stuff? too. One ragged hole just seems to do it for me. One of those grins that couldn't be chiseled off your face. As for your new romance, just enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom