• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I think I'm not understanding this whole lead farming thing.

I ended up going with one of the cheap vape machines from the gas station with the refills to get me through the nicotine urges.

After a few months I was able to taper off and only hit it a few times a day until I didn’t need to anymore.

The first thing was not feeling ashamed of me smelling like smoke and also, I would only hit the vape in private until I basically tapered off to the point of not needing it anymore.

I’ve tried cold Turkey countless times, the vape was a great option to move on to quitting. The smell of cigarettes even sitting at a red light makes my stomach churn and chokes me up
You never know how bad you smelled until you have been quit for a couple of years.

Quitting was easy, I must have done it at least a hundred times.
Getting it to stick was the problem. It finally took my dr telling me "quit or die" to really get my attention.
That was years ago and while I'm hardly a picture of health there is no doubt in my mind that had I not stopped I wouldn't be typing this now.
It takes willpower and a determination to improve your health and longevity

I haven't had a smoke since a few days after the M&G here in Talking Rock. And I'm still rocking the diverticulosis but at 20 lbs. less. Got some health advice from a scrawny lil fella. Last I saw him, NewLeaf NewLeaf was helping this little guy by cutting his pork sammich into lil chewable squares. And I started smoking in 2001 at 28 years old....how f'd up is that?

Admitted myself into Douglas Wellstar at about 330 am Dec 27th with double pneumonia about 20 years ago. Stayed in there 9 days I think. Was down to 30% lung capacity, smoked my last Marlboro driving there. I was VERY near death. When they discharged me, I found my smokes and lighter in my truck…I took them over to the outside ashtray, and left them sitting there. Have not touched a cigarette since. It takes a life changing near death experience to wake my dumb ass up. If I don’t lose weight, there’s certainly another life changing experience in my near future….

I ended up going with one of the cheap vape machines from the gas station with the refills to get me through the nicotine urges.

After a few months I was able to taper off and only hit it a few times a day until I didn’t need to anymore.

The first thing was not feeling ashamed of me smelling like smoke and also, I would only hit the vape in private until I basically tapered off to the point of not needing it anymore.

I’ve tried cold Turkey countless times, the vape was a great option to move on to quitting. The smell of cigarettes even sitting at a red light makes my stomach churn and chokes me up

I did the same. Funny thing is, I never smoked until I got out of the Marines and moved back to America. I worked at the main CDC and those people made my nerves so bad that I left work one day and bought a pack.

I am going thru it too , Bypass Bypass ….. they told me to quit for this surgery. So i stopped about a week before and now its 8 days after so i guess ive been 15 days now….. :target:
I know that aint squat. I quit a few times before for months, etc.
I can go through stages where i will smoke maybe a pack a week, then a pack a day then pack a month, just depending on how i feel and what i want. Quitting permanently is something to shoot for.

I wish you luck. Try not to eat, if you do get something like grapes or something to pop in constantly . I used gummies, grapes, fruit of any type. It is easy to put on 50# trying to quit.

I am going thru it too , Bypass Bypass ….. they told me to quit for this surgery. So i stopped about a week before and now its 8 days after so i guess ive been 15 days now….. :target:
I know that aint squat. I quit a few times before for months, etc.
I can go through stages where i will smoke maybe a pack a week, then a pack a day then pack a month, just depending on how i feel and what i want. Quitting permanently is something to shoot for.

I wish you luck. Try not to eat, if you do get something like grapes or something to pop in constantly . I used gummies, grapes, fruit of any type. It is easy to put on 50# trying to quit.
Hang tough brother, you can do it. The mind is strong and has total control. You just have to have the want to stop! Don’t put them away, keep them close so that you see them constantly and use that willpower to not
“ light up “.

Hang tough brother, you can do it. The mind is strong and has total control. You just have to have the want to stop! Don’t put them away, keep them close so that you see them constantly and use that willpower to not
“ light up “.
Thanks , but i didnt want this to turn into a thread about me. Lol.
I do appreciate it though….i guess me and Bypass Bypass can lean on each other ! Lol. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom