• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I typed all of this out then the thread closed before I hit enter. Just wanted to share.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Hey brother. I use to be a shooter with a bow. I shot 7th in the state in 3D archery in Georgia back in the 90s. I must have drawn that bow 500 times a day every day. I would shoot pencils in half at 30 yards and break knocks and robin hood arrows like it was nothing no sweat, easy peasy. I finally quit bow hunting when me and @captdave77 were sitting in stands in his brothers back yard and I stuck a little 4 point from above through the back left side of the spine and down through his lungs and out his chest and watched him walk away. I waited 45 minutes then got down and went looking for him. Well it got dark and we searched through the night for many hours. Finally found him two years later with the arrow still sticking out of him laying under a bush about 200 yards away from where I shot him. I said I would never bow hunt again after that and I haven't. I only gun hunt now and my deer are DRT they never walk on me with a gun because I hit em in the heart every time. If they do move it is not more than 15 yards.

I know a lot of you guys bow hunt but from my experience a gun is the better way to go. And if you still decide to bow hunt only kill deer in the morning because if you hit em right before the sun goes down you may never find them.Best of luck hunting. We all have to start somewhere but if I had to do it over I would have never picked up a bow for deer.

If you had used a tracking dog, you would have found the deer in less than 15 minutes.

A rifle is no magic killing machine, either. I have seen folks lose deer shot with 30-06, only to find bones months later. Again, no tracking dog.

If you had used a tracking dog, you would have found the deer in less than 15 minutes.

A rifle is no magic killing machine, either. I have seen folks lose deer shot with 30-06, only to find bones months later. Again, no tracking dog.
A rifle is a magic killing machine for me when I can hit a dime at 100 all day long with one but other peoples millage may vary because they can't shoot for ****. Some people think you just have to hit a deer with a rifle. I am not one of those people. I don't need a tracking dog to gun hunt because like I said my deer are DRT.

Hey brother. I use to be a shooter with a bow. I shot 7th in the state in 3D archery in Georgia back in the 90s. I must have drawn that bow 500 times a day every day. I would shoot pencils in half at 30 yards and break knocks and robin hood arrows like it was nothing no sweat, easy peasy. I finally quit bow hunting when me and @captdave77 were sitting in stands in his brothers back yard and I stuck a little 4 point from above through the back left side of the spine and down through his lungs and out his chest and watched him walk away. I waited 45 minutes then got down and went looking for him. Well it got dark and we searched through the night for many hours. Finally found him two years later with the arrow still sticking out of him laying under a bush about 200 yards away from where I shot him. I said I would never bow hunt again after that and I haven't. I only gun hunt now and my deer are DRT they never walk on me with a gun because I hit em in the heart every time. If they do move it is not more than 15 yards.

I know a lot of you guys bow hunt but from my experience a gun is the better way to go. And if you still decide to bow hunt only kill deer in the morning because if you hit em right before the sun goes down you may never find them.Best of luck hunting. We all have to start somewhere but if I had to do it over I would have never picked up a bow for deer.

Remember when you sold your bow?
I could have gotten it new $1,000 cheaper!
(he says as he drops the mic):becky:

The problem with some hunters is they think every one should do it the way they do it. Hunting is not one size fits all. Everybody has to take their own journey and find what's right for them. In your case, you decided bow hunting was not for you. I respect that. I don't use a bow because I work too much to have the time needed to practice enough so I hunt with a crossbow. Are either of us wrong? Not at all. If we all accepted each other's differences and realize that we all share the same love of hunting and being in the woods then things would be better.

Remember when you sold your bow?
I could have gotten it new $1,000 cheaper!
(he says as he drops the mic):becky:
I can't remember when I sold my bow. But I had the best PSE bow on the market in the 90s when I use to work for a outdoors store tuning bows for people and teaching them how to use them. It was the predecessor of todays high tech bows when PSE was the name in bows.

3480571_01_pse_dominator_3d_compound_bow_640.jpg

The problem with some hunters is they think every one should do it the way they do it. Hunting is not one size fits all. Everybody has to take their own journey and find what's right for them. In your case, you decided bow hunting was not for you. I respect that. I don't use a bow because I work too much to have the time needed to practice enough so I hunt with a crossbow. Are either of us wrong? Not at all. If we all accepted each other's differences and realize that we all share the same love of hunting and being in the woods then things would be better.

Well said! Did you just have a
tse1_mm_bing_net_th_d367d155c9a88f160ab3d0866e2141ee._.jpg
? :becky:

Back
Top Bottom