• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I typed all of this out then the thread closed before I hit enter. Just wanted to share.

Here is what I had typed in response to @RdKill before the thread closed....

Find someone who can show you how to properly hold the bow, how to draw the bow, how to shoot the bow. Have someone with experience tell you if your arrows are the correct weight and length, properly fletched, true....get your bow tuned. Then practice practice practice until you have to spread your arrows around the target on purpose to keep from damaging them on or against each other.

This was the only sound advice that you typed in that whole entire rant? That's all that you can contribute after becoming so skilled in archery? Learn about some "patience" and "respect" when it comes to educating your fellow sportsmen and women on the finer points of archery. I'm glad that you respect the sport and are so passionate about archery, but don't belittle folks just to make yourself look or feel better. A bad attitude and the "holier than thou" mentality doesn't help things one bit. All that it does is tarnish your image and make those who are seeking your advice as ignorant as you are, because you left them with literally nothing to pass on to the next up and coming archer.
Offer some true, constructive criticism with a little bit of patience and respect, since you claim to have so much of both. How can somebody truly learn from you and take the information you offered if you deliver it with no regard or respect for them?
Not all folks can afford or want to buy top of the line equipment, especially those who are just getting into archery. I guarantee you that I could take out my "antiquated" setup and shoot it just as well as any other.
I guess if you met Chuck Adams you'd tell him to put away his homemade finger tabs and those "antiquated" aluminum arrows named in honor of him and get some carbon arrows and a release? Perhaps you could tell Darren Collins who also achieved a Super Slam the same thing too. He switched from carbon back to aluminum so I suppose he's shooting antiquated equipment too.
I guess they don't know as much as you do, despite achieving Super Slams themselves. Many folks, myself included, don't have to compensate for lacking ability with top of the line, overpriced equipment. You should really step back and read what you type out before pressing the Post button. In fact, read it twice because your post had twice as much BS than helpful info. My hats off to the others who have expressed their opinions or offered advice with tact and/or some class.

This was the only sound advice that you typed in that whole entire rant? That's all that you can contribute after becoming so skilled in archery? Learn about some "patience" and "respect" when it comes to educating your fellow sportsmen and women on the finer points of archery. I'm glad that you respect the sport and are so passionate about archery, but don't belittle folks just to make yourself look or feel better. A bad attitude and the "holier than thou" mentality doesn't help things one bit. All that it does is tarnish your image and make those who are seeking your advice as ignorant as you are, because you left them with literally nothing to pass on to the next up and coming archer.
Offer some true, constructive criticism with a little bit of patience and respect, since you claim to have so much of both. How can somebody truly learn from you and take the information you offered if you deliver it with no regard or respect for them?
Not all folks can afford or want to buy top of the line equipment, especially those who are just getting into archery. I guarantee you that I could take out my "antiquated" setup and shoot it just as well as any other.
I guess if you met Chuck Adams you'd tell him to put away his homemade finger tabs and those "antiquated" aluminum arrows named in honor of him and get some carbon arrows and a release? Perhaps you could tell Darren Collins who also achieved a Super Slam the same thing too. He switched from carbon back to aluminum so I suppose he's shooting antiquated equipment too.
I guess they don't know as much as you do, despite achieving Super Slams themselves. Many folks, myself included, don't have to compensate for lacking ability with top of the line, overpriced equipment. You should really step back and read what you type out before pressing the Post button. In fact, read it twice because your post had twice as much BS than helpful info. My hats off to the others who have expressed their opinions or offered advice with tact and/or some class.
Is this directed at me or road kill I mean @RdKill?

:yo:

That was not intended for you Sir.
Ah right on. I was feeling bad there for a second. I didn't want to come off as an arrogant ass. Was just trying to state I had a lot of experience shooting bows but I still choose to stay away from them for deer.

Back
Top Bottom