• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I typed all of this out then the thread closed before I hit enter. Just wanted to share.

random thoughts....For me it's all about the experience ...I got to disconnect from the world and be out there . I am learning a new skill. I am 43. I am so busy it freaks me out sometimes but I love hunting and fishing. I make time to do it. What amazes me is how many folks don't even take a walk in the woods anymore, go camping, fish or do anything outside. Maybe i will do some bow fishing and try some spear fishing on Amelia island next week? LOL.

img.memecdn.com_amp_039_go_spear_fishing_amp_039_they_said_fb_2433183.jpg

Hey brother. I use to be a shooter with a bow. I shot 7th in the state in 3D archery in Georgia back in the 90s. I must have drawn that bow 500 times a day every day. I would shoot pencils in half at 30 yards and break knocks and robin hood arrows like it was nothing no sweat, easy peasy. I finally quit bow hunting when me and @captdave77 were sitting in stands in his brothers back yard and I stuck a little 4 point from above through the back left side of the spine and down through his lungs and out his chest and watched him walk away. I waited 45 minutes then got down and went looking for him. Well it got dark and we searched through the night for many hours. Finally found him two years later with the arrow still sticking out of him laying under a bush about 200 yards away from where I shot him. I said I would never bow hunt again after that and I haven't. I only gun hunt now and my deer are DRT they never walk on me with a gun because I hit em in the heart every time. If they do move it is not more than 15 yards.

I know a lot of you guys bow hunt but from my experience a gun is the better way to go. And if you still decide to bow hunt only kill deer in the morning because if you hit em right before the sun goes down you may never find them.Best of luck hunting. We all have to start somewhere but if I had to do it over I would have never picked up a bow for deer.

And you could tell all of this 2 years later from scattered bones? That's even more impressive than your shooting skills.

random thoughts....For me it's all about the experience ...I got to disconnect from the world and be out there . I am learning a new skill. I am 43. I am so busy it freaks me out sometimes but I love hunting and fishing. I make time to do it. What amazes me is how many folks don't even take a walk in the woods anymore, go camping, fish or do anything outside. Maybe i will do some bow fishing and try some spear fishing on Amelia island next week? LOL.

img.memecdn.com_amp_039_go_spear_fishing_amp_039_they_said_fb_2433183.jpg
It doesn't matter just carry a tracking dog with you. According to random joe you will find any deer in 15 minutes no matter how you shoot it.

And you could tell all of this 2 years later from scattered bones? That's even more impressive than your shooting skills.
I saw the arrow sticking through the deer when I shot it. Besides forensic science is a hobby of mine. ;) Also they weren't scattered bones. It was a full body with skin and all left on it. Yes after two years it was left untouched by predators and such.

I hunt archery all year long pretty much.
I won't give up until I find the deer.
On a shot Like the one you made its inevitable it was a gonner.....just have to go out again next morning if not
Able to find it at night.
I had one go roughly
200 yards from me but I just decided to go the extra mile and find her so I scoured the area where she ran and was able to find her on a deer path....DRT.
Nice when you see those eyeballs shining in the dark.

Sometimes I wish I had a rifle in those shots too far for the crossbow but ya know that's life.
Ain't no way I'd give up hunting over a lost deer.
It happens to the best of us.....even with rifles.

I saw the arrow sticking through the deer when I shot it. Besides forensic science is a hobby of mine. ;) Also they weren't scattered bones. It was a full body with skin and all left on it. Yes after two years it was left untouched by predators and such.

Damn. You mummified a deer with an arrow. That's badassery.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom