• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want a suppressor on GunBroker. How does this work? SilencerShop kiosk experience anyone?

JeepAdventure247

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
236   0
Reaction score
I don't have any NFA items. I do not know how the process works. It all seems very confusing. Do I need a lawyer to do a trust? What is the individual thing? What is a SilencerShop kiosk and is this easier?

The suppressor I want is at an FFL in Tennessee. I don't know if that makes a difference.
The nearest class 3 to me is Main Street guns and range in Lilburn.
I also want feedback from anyone whose used a SilencerShop kiosk. They make it sound easy.

1. It's better for most people if a trust owns the suppressor, but it's not required. You can have a lawyer draw up a trust for you OR you can find a template on the internet and fill in the blanks. If you'd like the one I used, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

2. The next step would be to contact Main Street guns and ask them if they do transfers and how much they charge. Like regular FFL's, some charge more and some charge less. As with normal FFL's, you may also find it cheaper to simply buy the suppressor locally rather than pay to have it transferred, but you can figure that out yourself after you find out how much it costs to have a transfer done.

After you work out the above two items, just call the TN shop and make the purchase. The TN shop will exchange info with the GA shop, ship it, and you'll submit your paperwork. Wait 6 months on the ATF for approval and BAM, you're a suppressor owner.

Block off an afternoon and drive over to Dobbs Defense in Paulding Co or down to Quiet Riot in McDonough and have a discussion with them.

Chances are they have what you want or can procure it for you with little to no hassle.

Both great on the ODT.

I second going in to check them out. You might like the feel of one over the other. You can get questions answered. Depending on the savings it might not be worth it IMO

Block off an afternoon and drive over to Dobbs Defense in Paulding Co or down to Quiet Riot in McDonough and have a discussion with them.

Chances are they have what you want or can procure it for you with little to no hassle.

Both great on the ODT.

Sound advice and hassle free doing it this way. You also get to see, handle, and ask lots of questions about what you are buying. NFA items are a long term purchase, so spend once and get what you want. However, they are addicting so you have been warned.

Did someone say wait 6 months! I wanna live on that planet

Actually, according to NFATracker... that's right around when they're coming back now. As of this morning, there are numerous Trust/Form 4 from late October that are showing as approved. About the same for Individual Form 4 are only ahead by a hair, maybe a week.

http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

Trust
5-8-2018 8-38-01 AM.jpg

Individual
5-8-2018 8-49-44 AM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom