• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Process of having SilencerShop submit Form 4

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
I wanted to make this post for any that had questions about the process of using the SilencerShop Kiosk for fingerprints and what happens afterwards.

12/12/17 - Suppressor (SDN-6) purchased from Capitol Armory

12/13/17 - Form 3 pending

12/16/17 - Received email from Capitol Armory with UPS tracking number saying suppressor had shipped (Form 3 approved)

12/18/17 - Suppressor picked up/shipped via UPS

12/21/17 - Suppressor delivered to Cherokee Gun

12/30/17 - Prints done at Cherokee Gun on the SilencerShop Kiosk, Cherokee supposedly had scanned and emailed my trust to Silencershop but I got an email later asking for it. I paid $25 for the use of the kiosk.

1/1/18 - Received email from SilencerShop with a checklist. The checklist lets you know what you've done vs what they are still missing. I still had to purchase the stamp and they asked for my trust again. So I scanned and uploaded my trust via a link that was in their email

1/4/18 - Purchased the tax stamp on SilencerShop's website under services. For some reason it was $205. I suspect because of credit card fees so its fair. I brought the stamp but wasn't sure if they knew to attach it to my pending transfer. I was informed by their customer service that as long as you log into the silencershop website with the same email info login you used at the kiosk it would be attached.

1/16/18 (6:30AM) - Received email from Silencershop to DocuSign the Form 4 application.

1/16/18 (7:30AM) - Received email from Silencershop saying they had signed

Thats where I'm at right now. I'm not sure if I'll get yet another email when it actually gets mailed off but if I do I'll update the thread. So far its been an easy and smooth process. I think it takes about 2 weeks longer than if you were to buy at a store that is going to do the legwork for you. SilencerShop says their team will look over your paperwork to make sure its correct so if they are looking at trust and amendments maybe that will reduce the likelihood of rejection.

Now SilencerShop also offers a Form 1 service which I'll be using this weekend. You buy the Form 1 service ($34.95), fill out the information on your lower, just like if you were filling out the Form 1, buy the tax stmap and they submit everything for you. Since I'm already in the system I dont have to worry about getting more fingerprints and pictures done.

I think they are making the process fairly easy. I hope this post helps anyone that has questions about the process or length of time between actions when dealing with silencershop for transfers.

I don't like that fee to use the kiosk. Quiet Riot Firearms Quiet Riot Firearms doesn't charge to use kiosk if I remember correctly

They charge $50 for a NFA transfer, which includes them taking in the Form 3, getting your photos/prints with the kiosk and submitting the Form 4 for you.

Lazarus Lazarus I also dropped one in the pipe today. (scored a NOS Kodiak TL direct from Liberty last Tuesday) Liberty Form 3'd it to QRF. QRF let me know they had received it yesterday. This morning I went to their shop, did the prints, photo, scanned the Trust, got the SilencerShop/DocuSign email and received confirmation earlier this evening that the paperwork is on the way to the BATFE. QRF also charges $205 for the transfer tax, and I think the reasoning that it is to cover CC fees is probably legit.

They charge $50 for a NFA transfer, which includes them taking in the Form 3, getting your photos/prints with the kiosk and submitting the Form 4 for you.

Lazarus Lazarus I also dropped one in the pipe today. (scored a NOS Kodiak TL direct from Liberty last Friday) QRF let me know they had received it yesterday. This morning I went to their shop, did the prints, photo, scanned the Trust, got the SilencerShop/Docusign email and received confirmation earlier this evening that the paperwork is on the way to the BATFE. QRF also charges $205 for the transfer tax, and I think the reasoning that it is to cover CC fees is probably legit.

Nice. Cherokee didnt charge me anything for the transfer so $25 for the use of the kiosk definitely aint bad. I wonder why QRF collected your $200 vs Cherokee telling me to go to SS. I wonder if its because QRF is a powered dealer? Not sure if they are or not.

Congrats on the Kodiak. I'm thinking about getting a AEM5.

I wanted to make this post for any that had questions about the process of using the SilencerShop Kiosk for fingerprints and what happens afterwards.

12/12/17 - Suppressor (SDN-6) purchased from Capitol Armory

12/13/17 - Form 3 pending

12/16/17 - Received email from Capitol Armory with UPS tracking number saying suppressor had shipped (Form 3 approved)

12/18/17 - Suppressor picked up/shipped via UPS

12/21/17 - Suppressor delivered to Cherokee Gun

12/30/17 - Prints done at Cherokee Gun on the SilencerShop Kiosk, Cherokee supposedly had scanned and emailed my trust to Silencershop but I got an email later asking for it. I paid $25 for the use of the kiosk.

1/1/18 - Received email from SilencerShop with a checklist. The checklist lets you know what you've done vs what they are still missing. I still had to purchase the stamp and they asked for my trust again. So I scanned and uploaded my trust via a link that was in their email

1/4/18 - Purchased the tax stamp on SilencerShop's website under services. For some reason it was $205. I suspect because of credit card fees so its fair. I brought the stamp but wasn't sure if they knew to attach it to my pending transfer. I was informed by their customer service that as long as you log into the silencershop website with the same email info login you used at the kiosk it would be attached.

1/16/18 (6:30AM) - Received email from Silencershop to DocuSign the Form 4 application.

1/16/18 (7:30AM) - Received email from Silencershop saying they had signed

Thats where I'm at right now. I'm not sure if I'll get yet another email when it actually gets mailed off but if I do I'll update the thread. So far its been an easy and smooth process. I think it takes about 2 weeks longer than if you were to buy at a store that is going to do the legwork for you. SilencerShop says their team will look over your paperwork to make sure its correct so if they are looking at trust and amendments maybe that will reduce the likelihood of rejection.

Now SilencerShop also offers a Form 1 service which I'll be using this weekend. You buy the Form 1 service ($34.95), fill out the information on your lower, just like if you were filling out the Form 1, buy the tax stmap and they submit everything for you. Since I'm already in the system I dont have to worry about getting more fingerprints and pictures done.

I think they are making the process fairly easy. I hope this post helps anyone that has questions about the process or length of time between actions when dealing with silencershop for transfers.

The next email you’ll get will say check cashed, then radio silence until an issue comes up or it gets approved.

The reason Cherokee charges to use the kiosk is that we dealers get charged for every form 4 submitted using that kiosk. If you buy the suppressor from us, that form 4 cost is included in the price of the silencer. If you buy it somewhere else, we will process it using the kiosk, and our transfer fee covers that cost.

The reason Cherokee charges to use the kiosk is that we dealers get charged for every form 4 submitted using that kiosk. If you buy the suppressor from us, that form 4 cost is included in the price of the silencer. If you buy it somewhere else, we will process it using the kiosk, and our transfer fee covers that cost.

Thanks for that clarification Jake. I was wondering if the fee was waived if the suppressor was purchased through the dealer (QRF or CGP). It seems that after you deal with the kiosk that its just as easy as before 41F went into affect.

Back
Top Bottom