I won't be back.

mountainmoped

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
I was in the Atlanta area today and decided to stop by Adventure Outdoors to look around. I hadn't been in since they moved into the new building as I had moved north about 10 years ago. I had bought several guns from them a few years ago and always had good experiences dealing with them. Since I was working in Canton and had moved to Jasper I started doing all my business with Cherokee Gun & Pawn where I have always had good experiences.

I decided to buy a little Taurus Model 22. After purchasing it and taking it to my car I opened the box to check it and noticed the slide and hammer and trigger were locked. I read the instruction manual, took the key and unlocked the locking mechanism. The slide, hammer, and trigger were still locked up tight. I went back in the store and was instructed to take it back to the salesman. The salesman that sold it to me also tried to unlock it to no avail. The salesman then took it back to their gunsmith who tried to unlock it also to no avail. Up to this point the sales people and the gunsmith were very professional and tried to help. I was then sent to customer service where I explained the problem to the lady. She took the gun back to the gunsmith and was gone for about 20 minutes. When she returned she told me I would have to leave the gun so it could be returned to Taurus for adjustment. When I stated the gun was defective and I wanted an exchange for the same type gun or a refund I was told that wasn't store policy. She said I would have to come back in to pick it up after it was returned from Taurus. I told her it was defective and I didn't intend to make a 120 mile round trip to pick it up. I finally anounced in my loudest voice that they could keep the money but I wanted the 4473 form back as I never intended to return to pick the gun up. They refused to give me the 4473 form so I told them I intended to notify BATFE and ask them to make sure that the form was voided so that no guns papered out to me wound up on the streets of New York City. I then returned to my car and drove home.

Before I got home I received different 3 calls from OA apologizing about the situation. I hope it was settled. Again the salesmen and the gunsmith were great, but customer service sucked.

I learned my lesson. From now on I will do all my shopping at Cherokee Pawn & Gun.

Just wow, it would seem they would have just exchanged it and sent it back themselves , again I would have checked it at the counter with the sales associate before heading to the checkout. Taurus is not the best I guess! They say their customer service is great.

Unfortunately that is the way most gun stores operate. Once you walk out of the store it is yours, no returns. They will send it back for you but that is it. Now I aint defending AO because I don't care for the place but it is pretty widely known that that is their policy. Or it is to most people I know.

Back
Top Bottom