ID that SBR!

THis is kind of off topic but ANYONE WITH JULY 22-27 PENDING DATE whom is already approved, let me know!

Does that mean you applied in July or it was supposed to be back to you by July?

I had a July 9 pending that was approved like 2 weeks ago. I sent another form 4 2 weeks after, my pending is July 25. I was wondering if anyone gotten theirs back yet with the late july pending. I am just curious, I want to call but I am going to wait till After New years to call check status if I haven't heard from my class 3 dealer.

I had a July 9 pending that was approved like 2 weeks ago. I sent another form 4 2 weeks after, my pending is July 25. I was wondering if anyone gotten theirs back yet with the late july pending. I am just curious, I want to call but I am going to wait till After New years to call check status if I haven't heard from my class 3 dealer.

Can you explain the whole process to me with regards to the terms? So you fill out the application and send it in with your $200 right? When the ATF gets it they give you a pending date of how far out? After its approved how long does it take for you to get it back? Whats the going time from start to finish? 6 months?

Can you explain the whole process to me with regards to the terms? So you fill out the application and send it in with your $200 right? When the ATF gets it they give you a pending date of how far out? After its approved how long does it take for you to get it back? Whats the going time from start to finish? 6 months?

Long story short. Yes, if you do Trust route, its as simple as filling out form 1/4 and sending copies of your Trust, forms and certificate of compliance with a check of $200 to NFA branch. Usually it takes a week or so for them to cash your check, from there, it sits in a pile waiting for someone to enter it into computer. Usually takes about 2 weeks from sent date to get entered and establish your pending date. Normally they estimate that 5-6 months before they even look at your application. They hired a bunch of examiners "supposedly" so time might decrease but right now, its about 5 months from PENDING DATE to APPROVAL. Averaging around 185 days from sent to receive in mail.

Now if you go thru INDIVIDUAL route, finger print, CLEO signature and photo is taken EACH TIME you file a form1/4.

Pending date doesn't really mean ****, other than you are in the system. Only thing you really need to worry about is the check being cashed, that means they got your forms. After that wait for the call from your dealer. Just because something is approved doesn't mean that it's not going to sit on a desk or in a stack of papers that are ready to go to the post office but your examiner takes stuff on Monday, and you got approved on Tuesday. So now yes you are approved but your form went to in the mail for another week, then it's, 5 days till your dealer gets it. Then it's another week before your dealer goes through all the forms they got back. So in reality you were approved on the 1st of the month but your dealer didn't call you till the 14th.

Awesome. I'm going to go trust. My neighbor is a lawyer, not sure if she does trust but I hope she can atleast look at it. Does anyone know if I have to tell her, or a lawyer, that the trust is for class 3 firearms?

Awesome. I'm going to go trust. My neighbor is a lawyer, not sure if she does trust but I hope she can atleast look at it. Does anyone know if I have to tell her, or a lawyer, that the trust is for class 3 firearms?

You need a revokable living trust.....quicken willmaker will do what you need

Honestly, if shes not a firearm lawyer, she might not be well educated. I did a google search of lawyers for estate and WILL ect.... I asked him about a trust being used for NFA registration and he stated that Trust isn't for firearms. He was mainly a criminal defense lawyer, it was like his second job so he didn't know much of it.

Back
Top Bottom