• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ideal Home Defense Carbine?

I use the best tool for the job and don't worry about using it. If I have to shoot someone in my house the least of.my worries is the cops keeping my gun or suppressor.
I understand fully. I keep my 300 blackout near my bed. But I just wanted to ask a question it being relevant or not. I know some people might not want to shoot with a suppressor of fear of it being used in court against them (yea bull crap but theres no definitive line not to cross in law).

I understand fully. I keep my 300 blackout near my bed. But I just wanted to ask a question it being relevant or not. I know some people might not want to shoot with a suppressor of fear of it being used in court against them (yea bull crap but theres no definitive line not to cross in law).

Don't you think a good prosecutor would bring it up? Do you think it could possibly have a lingering effect in the mind of jurors, regardless of legality? Sure it could.

I'm talking about the "ideal home defense carbine" for casual gun owners, not hardcore gun nuts like ourselves who will own NFA registered weapons and silencers and go through all the trouble and expense that such things bring.
No NFA. No SBR. No cans, moderators, silencers, suppressors, baffles, wipes, or monocores.

I'm talking about the "ideal home defense carbine" for casual gun owners, not hardcore gun nuts like ourselves who will own NFA registered weapons and silencers and go through all the trouble and expense that such things bring.No NFA. No SBR. No cans, moderators, silencers, suppressors, baffles, wipes, or monocores.
My recommendation stands. 16" unsuppressed 300 BLK then if you want to avoid NFA.

I'm talking about the "ideal home defense carbine" for casual gun owners, not hardcore gun nuts like ourselves who will own NFA registered weapons and silencers and go through all the trouble and expense that such things bring.
No NFA. No SBR. No cans, moderators, silencers, suppressors, baffles, wipes, or monocores.
Then the best bet IMO including caliber and maneuverability of the home would be a AR in 300 blackout.

So what of the suggestions of :
1: Hi point carbine
2: Kel tec sub2k
3: TNW aero rifle (glock mags)
4: Just right carbine
5: Pistol caliber ar15
6: 16" 300blk ar15
7: Taurus ct-9 carbine
8: and for the elitist non NFA the Tavor with 9mm conversion.

All good suggestions, what is your take one each?
added 2 more

I think you'd be doing someone a dis-service by recommending an ideal home defense carbine based on a general consensus, rather than their particular requirements. I don't think there really is an ideal, across the board, best choice given the variety of people that wish to use a carbine for protection. Make some recommendations, let folks try different platforms, and allow them to choose based on their individual preferences.

The fact of the matter is, nobody but a gun nut would own a "home defense carbine.". Most people buy a handgun, put it in a box on the top shelf of their closet with a trigger lock and a box of ammo in another closet and consider their homes defended.

Back
Top Bottom