• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If it was between an Expedition and Suburban…

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Which would you choose (years 2008-2014)? Im familiar with the tritons. Worked on many 2v’s. Phasers and followers dont bother me. I know what Im getting with that. What I dont know about is Gm’s AFM. I really dont want to deal with that. But the only reason Im considering it is a friend of a friend has a suburban hes selling. We havent talked numbers yet but he said I could probably get it pretty cheap. So if you did all your own maintenance, which one would you choose? Both manufacturers have problems. Which problems would you want?

To start.. I bleed ford blue. With that being said, I bought a 2010’ Silverado with the AFM motor not knowing what I was doing. Learned about them real quick after the fact. Bought it new. Somewhere around 40k it lost 2 cylinders. Warranty..in the shop for 6 weeks. When I got it back I went right over to a Ford dealership and lost my ass on a trade for a 2010 Lariat. It’s still in the family with over 230k. It needs phasers but it’s still running and cheaper to fix and keep.

Back
Top Bottom