• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If it was between an Expedition and Suburban…

Ford begrudgingly, but I think I’d rather have a Toyota Sequoia.
This is a thread for the poors :)
To start.. I bleed ford blue. With that being said, I bought a 2010’ Silverado with the AFM motor not knowing what I was doing. Learned about them real quick after the fact. Bought it new. Somewhere around 40k it lost 2 cylinders. Warranty..in the shop for 6 weeks. When I got it back I went right over to a Ford dealership and lost my ass on a trade for a 2010 Lariat. It’s still in the family with over 230k. It needs phasers but it’s still running and cheaper to fix and keep.
I bleed too. Got 4 fords already… Buying a chivy would be a new experience for me.
There are several kits available to delete the AFM system

Also OBD plug-in modules to over ride that system
Ive seen them. My real concern is the health of the engine when I get it since it will be very used. I dont have time for cam swaps or worse. Im going to find out more about the burb tomorrow but I think its got around 150k on it.

I bleed too. Got 4 fords already… Buying a chivy would be a new experience for me.

Ive seen them. My real concern is the health of the engine when I get it since it will be very used. I dont have time for cam swaps or worse. Im going to find out more about the burb tomorrow but I think its got around 150k on it.
The only GM I had ever owned before that Silverado was when I was in my early 20’s and it was a 66’ GTO So it didn’t count.
Never have since and don’t plan on buying another one. But that is always subject to change when it comes to the older classics. I’m always on the hunt for a toy.
Yea… I have 4 when you add my 86 Bronco and my 97 7.3 F250 and a 2016 F250 with the 6.2 gas burner. Ford poor here. Oh… my wife drives a 17’ Explorer.

Ive seen them. My real concern is the health of the engine when I get it since it will be very used. I don't have time for cam swaps or worse. I'm going to find out more about the burb tomorrow but I think its got around 150k on it.
Not sure what year GM you're considering, but unless getting the "friend" discount I'd shop for something different. You'd be much better off shopping 2006 and earlier Suburban/Yukon/Escalade. All of those will be pre-AFM and the Denali/Escalade will have the 6 liter.

Not sure what year GM you're considering, but unless getting the "friend" discount I'd shop for something different. You'd be much better off shopping 2006 and earlier Suburban/Yukon/Escalade. All of those will be pre-AFM and the Denali/Escalade will have the 6 liter.
The suburban is a 2011. Still leaning hard towards an expy. Much better looking ride imo. All depends on the sellers price. Hes moving at the end of the month and not taking it with him.

Tried that and it got shot down fast. I wanted a pre afm tahoe but she didnt like the “rounded look”. So… ya would if I could.

Back
Top Bottom