• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If it was between an Expedition and Suburban…

The suburban is a 2011. Still leaning hard towards an expy. Much better looking ride imo. All depends on the sellers price. Hes moving at the end of the month and not taking it with him.

Tried that and it got shot down fast. I wanted a pre afm tahoe but she didnt like the “rounded look”. So… ya would if I could.
Understood.

So, if you go with the Suburban:
- Long term the engine will be much better, but be sure to get it at a price that allows you to have the AFM delete done.
- Pay attention to how the transmission shifts. What often happens is that the valve body starts to wear and leak pressure. Shifting is delayed, slurred, or flared and the clutches wear prematurely. Not a bad idea to install a rebuilt/upgraded valve body for longevity. You can even do it yourself by dropping the pan.

If you're going Expedition make sure you understand the 3v weaknesses, mostly timing gear and valvetrain related. This guy has the best info I've seen:

Understood.

So, if you go with the Suburban:
- Long term the engine will be much better, but be sure to get it at a price that allows you to have the AFM delete done.
- Pay attention to how the transmission shifts. What often happens is that the valve body starts to wear and leak pressure. Shifting is delayed, slurred, or flared and the clutches wear prematurely. Not a bad idea to install a rebuilt/upgraded valve body for longevity. You can even do it yourself by dropping the pan.

If you're going Expedition make sure you understand the 3v weaknesses, mostly timing gear and valvetrain related. This guy has the best info I've seen:

Been watching FTM for years. He is THE triton guru.

I’ve owned both

My company work truck is a 2016 Chevy with the 6.0

My personal car is a 2006 expedition
It’s the second expedition I’ve owned

I’m still searching for a SUV with decent leg room and comfortable seats in the second row .

Just spent hours in the back seat of my expy and it sucks .

Get the GM and delete. Which we traded our Expo last year for a 2019 Denali XL. 6.2 baby!! Wife said no loud pipes tho 😭

How did the divorce go? What's your new wife like.....????

https://media.tenor.com/images/399c79de339f899e077baf7d4fd77fe8/tenor.gif

I’ve got a 06 suburban and my son has an 03. Mines got 250,000 on it and his is over 340,000. I bought the 03 from a buddy of mine that bought it new. He spared no expense maintaining it. I’ve also got 2 7.3 liter fords and a 2016 f250 with the 6.7. They’re all great vehicles but I won’t own another gas burner ford truck/suv. I won’t buy a GM vehicle with the afm either. I bought an 07 Silverado new and we had the heads off of it 3 times replacing lifters before 80,000 miles. I let the ex have it in the divorce.

Back
Top Bottom