If this exists, someone please take my $$

Is there such a contraption as a battery trickle charger that interfaces with the block heater so you only have to have one plug? If not, it should be invented!!
yep
its called a Duramax they start cold and dont need to be b "bullet proofed" every year or so..:evil::evil:

That's how we roll!! Long story short, I believe the glow plugs are bad. Had the glow plug controller changed 2 weeks ago. I go days at a time w/o cranking the truck. Was just spit balling ideas until I can get it back to the mechanic and get new glow plugs.
I’ve got a 01 F-250 with the 7.3L in it and when it gets cold outside I have to plug it up no matter what or that bastard won’t crank.

never did either,just sold mine with 433k on it,no major work done to it.

I traded mine in at 43k the third time it went into limp mode while towing because it thought it needed a new air filter.

Mine was a 2005 though and since then I have heard this was the worst year for the dirtymax.

I traded mine in at 43k the third time it went into limp mode while towing because it thought it needed a new air filter.

Mine was a 2005 though and since then I have heard this was the worst year for the dirtymax.
wow
mine was an 05..i guess there is always a few lemons. heck i have heard of powerstrokes going 100k without blowing their heads off. so even ford made some lemons..
the only reason i sold it was because my buddy kept bugging me. when the boss lady gets out of school next summer i am planning on getting a 10 or newer.. @433k it still got 18-19 stop and go and would spin 35x12.50's on wet pavement at any speed under 75mph.

Solargizer
I've got two of those on my boat, it's never had a dead battery. Supposedly they will extend the life of your batteries. I decided to replace all three at the same time in 2017, one was 10 years old and still working just fine. If any of you know marine batteries thats a long time!

Also I have a 1997 F-350 7.3, I've changed the glow plug relay maybe 4 times but the glow plugs only once. I thought they were going out again but it was the starter.

Back
Top Bottom