• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If You Carry Know Your Laws! (FAQ)

I have a question.

Someone just told me that if you don't have a carry permit, you need to have the gun registered for house protection, defense.

I know that in the state of Georgia guns don't require to be registered, so if I buy a gun from someone here I can use it for house defense purposes, or do I have to get it registered?

It's not a requirement for any gun to be registered in Georgia.

I am sure others will correct me if I am wrong. But if you keep your gun/s strictly in your home there is absolutely no requirement to register anything with anyone. I can not think of any circumstance in Georgia where one "registers" a gun. Legal NFA items are per say registered to the owner via the Tax Stamp form - but I don't think we are talking about that in the context of your question.

Regards,

Rob

I am curious about 6 and 7 except with 6. Not just a 16 year old but someone with a carry permit and their company has a "rule" against carrying a firearm?

Also if you are in your home on medication that is prescribed to you and you have to happen to use deadly force,? Will that be thrown in your face such as he/she didn't know what they were doing because of the medication?

I am curious about 6 and 7 except with 6. Not just a 16 year old but someone with a carry permit and their company has a "rule" against carrying a firearm?

Also if you are in your home on medication that is prescribed to you and you have to happen to use deadly force,? Will that be thrown in your face such as he/she didn't know what they were doing because of the medication?

Anytime you take a substance that is potentially intoxicating or impairing, you open the door to an accusation that you did something stupid or reckless. You make it harder to defend what you did as the right choice under the circumstances. But it may not matter. 95% of the time a good shoot is a good shoot (even if the defender is impaired) and 95% of the time a bad shoot is a bad shoot and you're in trouble no matter what. Its those rare cases where the facts are in dispute and the reasonableness of your reaction to a perceived threat is fairly called into question where being under the influence of something can hurt you.

P.S. Many medications are NOT intoxicating or impairing in the proper doses, taken as treatment for a real medical problem.

Back
Top Bottom