If you have friends affected by Sandy and are gun owners...

the feds have a different opinion about your rights when they show up at your house with a dozen armed and suited up guys

martial law is so much fun!

Yes they did. They went through going door to door.
Use google, it is your friend for info like this.

I'll go ahead with a link. I doubt they'll do this again soon. I think there's still lawsuits active from the Katrina gun grab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone believe the Governors and LE are going to use their resources to knock on the doors of law abiding citizens and take their guns? Have you been reading the news?

Tell me what they did in Katrina? I'm shocked. People were dying, buildings were collapsing, everyone was huddled in the Dome as the wind was blowing off pieces of the roof and they were knocking on doors and confiscating guns?

This is true. When i get the time today I will get you sources but I know from close friends that they were disarmed by California Highway Patrol who had come in the aftermath. Another friend had the National guard and deputies show up in his neighborhood to confiscate weapons of people who either registered them or were granted a carry license.
This did not happen door to door during the storm, but in the aftermath, however police were disarming citizens fleeing on foot across bridges as the event took place.

I have been in contact with folks in Jersey and NYC asking them to post video or face book posts about any rash of crime that occurs now.
They may be Northerner's and live there but believe me, they never have nor now do they appreciate being disarmed by politicians. Heck I wouldn't doubt if a few of them have fractured the law a bit when it comes to being armed.
Really I wish everyone the best, there is some pretty widespread devastation there and families returned today to destroyed homes

Last edited:
I was in N.O. about 5 weeks after Katrina and heard some crazy stories from the locals about what went on, but never heard about this until now. I get that there was total chaos there but it seems when push came to shove they just treated all citizens as criminals and disarmed them.

Hopefully the thugs owning "illegal guns" in NY ad NJ won't be so willing to give up the tools of their trade and will shoot it out with LEOs enforcing unconstitutional edicts. Might make some troopies and LEOs think twice about enforcing illegal orders. It's easy to enforce unjust laws and decrees on law abiding citizens.

I was in N.O. about 5 weeks after Katrina and heard some crazy stories from the locals about what went on, but never heard about this until now. I get that there was total chaos there but it seems when push came to shove they just treated all citizens as criminals and disarmed them.

By a Republican State Governor, and a Repiblican President, no less...

By a Republican State Governor, and a Repiblican President, no less...

Blanco and Nagen are liberal Democrats. Get your facts straight.

Bush had no roll in the operation; it was state mission. Martial law was not declared. I wish it was a national mission because my pay would have been better.

197612_1007408835651_3459_n.jpg

I wouldn't put it past NY to go around confiscating weapons. Cuomo is a super lib and he's one of the 4 governors that has declared a state of emergency.

On the bright side of things, Italians have such greasy hair and skin that the water just beads right off of them.

This was real nice of you to point out. That's a pretty low class thing to say.

There was no mad gun grab and most of the stories you see were LEOs from CA.

We had no desire to take guns from citizens nor did we force anyone to leave his home. Do you have any idea how much paperwork would be involved if I confiscated a firearm? The military has no desire to take your guns.

The lawsuits should deter further overreaching.

Back
Top Bottom