Im 40 in a 22 year old body

dwilson42

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
This a simple rant.... If you are not interested just please ignore...

I went for a long ride today just to get out. I got in my truck and took off rode most of Murray County and part of Whitfield. I did alot of thinking while I was out about why I have no friends haha I mean not any friends just go do stuff with I am 22 years old and my youngest friend is 30 all of the people I used to call my friends that were in my age group I never talk to anymore I have nothing in common with just reading something theses peoples post of facebook I just think what a dumbass. And what has probably led to this is the fact I am married have a kid work a full time job and go to school. Where as all these guys I used to hang with are all into the "Clubbing" thing and all that bull**** which seems like a real waste of time and money "Oh yeah lets go buy over priced drinks listen to ****ty music really load and watch gutter sluts dry hump each other" sounds like a wonderful time.

And the ones who dont do this are either strung out on dope or I have no use for due to the fact that they neglect their responsibilities and still have the balls to call themselves men. I am 22 I have my own place I am married to a great woman I have a great son I keep insurance on my family I have no car payments I save money and pay all my bills without anyone else's help! I can't understand how the rest of my generation can be so differant than me.

I just want some friends that I can plan fishing trips and camping trips with and go hunting with but no one my age has any interest in theses activities and all my older friends have to much going on to ever get our schedules lined up or their wives wont let them go I guess they arent as blessed in that department as I am. lol

I just needed to vent a little I guess it sucks always having to do everything alone cause my wife isnt interested in any of that but I guess in a few years I will have a permanent little hunting buddy. RANT OVER

You are an old soul. I can sen you some books about WWII to read if you would like. :)

lol you know hit it on the head I love history I read constantly civil war revolutionary ww2 im on ww1 spill right now last night I set on the phone with my dad for 2 hours reading rosters of companies formed in murray and whitfield during the civil war lol seeing which families are still around.

You're a generation behind is all, which is a good thing..far too many of today's younger folks don't have enough common sense to come in out of the rain..welcome to the GROWN UP world where responsible men hang out.
You have graduated from childhood to manhood..these so called friends are still "children" in the framework of their mental maturity and a lot of them will pay a big price for it.

Be proud that you can stand on your own...there some of both here as well, just pick the ones with a mature mindset and gave some fun..
It won't take you long to find the culls .

Last edited:
Good post there. I'm 42 married and 3 kids. I have a couple of single guy friends but no guys that are married with kids. The few I know just can't seem to ever work out going on a bike ride or take off on a hike or hit the lake. I know some have a wife that rides them pretty hard and not in the fun kind of way!

I set on the phone with my dad for 2 hours reading rosters of companies formed in murray and whitfield during the civil war lol seeing which families are still around.

Thats a good thing to do and especially with your dad. I have some information on the effect the Civl War had on my family. Thats why there is a branch of my family in Kentucky,the war split them up.

Good lord Dalton State is bad enough for me

I turned 21 in the Marine Corps, a sergeant and Viet Nam vet..I was discharged 5 days after my 21st birthday after 4 years of service...I know right where you are, when I was discharged, I found very, very few people my own age that I had anything in common with and to be quite honest their childish B.S. got on my last nerve.

Back
Top Bottom