Im 40 in a 22 year old body

This a simple rant.... If you are not interested just please ignore...

I went for a long ride today just to get out. I got in my truck and took off rode most of Murray County and part of Whitfield. I did alot of thinking while I was out about why I have no friends haha I mean not any friends just go do stuff with I am 22 years old and my youngest friend is 30 all of the people I used to call my friends that were in my age group I never talk to anymore I have nothing in common with just reading something theses peoples post of facebook I just think what a dumbass. And what has probably led to this is the fact I am married have a kid work a full time job and go to school. Where as all these guys I used to hang with are all into the "Clubbing" thing and all that bull**** which seems like a real waste of time and money "Oh yeah lets go buy over priced drinks listen to ****ty music really load and watch gutter sluts dry hump each other" sounds like a wonderful time.

And the ones who dont do this are either strung out on dope or I have no use for due to the fact that they neglect their responsibilities and still have the balls to call themselves men. I am 22 I have my own place I am married to a great woman I have a great son I keep insurance on my family I have no car payments I save money and pay all my bills without anyone else's help! I can't understand how the rest of my generation can be so differant than me.

I just want some friends that I can plan fishing trips and camping trips with and go hunting with but no one my age has any interest in theses activities and all my older friends have to much going on to ever get our schedules lined up or their wives wont let them go I guess they arent as blessed in that department as I am. lol

I just needed to vent a little I guess it sucks always having to do everything alone cause my wife isnt interested in any of that but I guess in a few years I will have a permanent little hunting buddy. RANT OVER

Do I have multiple personality disorder? I am 26 and in the same boat. Some fresh out of college girls who started here at NCR are always trying to get my wife and I to go out "clubbing". First we have a child aka a responsibility. Second if you want to drink with me find a booth in a dimly lit bar during happy hour that has pitchers for $5. None of this bumping balls with people trying to get to a bathroom no personal space and $4 for horse piss in a bottle. No thanks you can keep your "clubbing" and I will keep my grill fired up and an ice cold cooler full right next to my chair.

I didn't read all of the other posts just the OP.

I feel ya. I turn 29 on the 26th. I got married to my first wife at 19 and had my first kid at 20. By the time I was 21 I felt like I was 40. It is really just a maturity thing that not everyone gets. Some of us just wisen up and stop ****ing off. I still have the same three best friends but we don't hang out like we used to. My wife and kids are my best friends now. Just keep on doing what you are doing bro and don't worry about the rest and keep in mind you aren't the only one.

I was in the same boat when I was your age and it's just life. I never had much in common with folks my own age so I just ignored them for the most part. I'm 59 this year so I reckon the world did keep spinning...

I was sitting home thinking about this same thing the other day. I'm 33 and I would say I've done quite well for myself. Married with a kid, currently serving in the military (16 years today actually), and taking care of my household with no issues. Yesterday I had the honor of presenting a flag to the son of my high school ROTC instructor. This instructor was a HUGE influence on the path I chose after graduating high school. And seeing many of my old high school buddies at his funeral, we all came to the same conclusion...very few of us actually grew up. I take is as a compliment when folks tell me I act "old". My cousins say this quite a bit. And I just reply, "Nope, not old. Just a responsible adult." I never was into any of the whole clubbing, getting drunk/high, and passing out thing. Just saw no point in it. So to the OP...be proud of having that "old soul", because it more than likely saved you from a crap load of heartache and stupid mistakes. I know it has for me.

Thanks guys its nice to know others deal with this as well I was just getting to where i thought it was me cause of the lack of any social interaction like I have become way more introverted than I used to be when I get around new people I feel kind of awkward so I just stay quite cuz most of the time the things they talk about i either dont care about or dont know about and the things I know about or enjoy when I bring em up they just look at me wierd so ive just stopped talking which makes it near impossible to make new friends

Back
Top Bottom