Im 40 in a 22 year old body

I love when one generation looks down on another generation. I don't think in the grand scheme of things my generation (I'm 21) is any different than the generation of folks that are 35-40 now. I think it's pretty common to look at those younger than you and say things like "they're immature" and that their generation is a lost cause. It happens with every generation. My guess would be the WWII generation felt the same way about the 30-50 year olds today. It might not be a popular opinion on here considering most on this board are a generation or two older than me. But as technology continues to develope, like it always has, each generation is going to look down on the next one and think that "they have it so much easier than I did". I don't care what anybody says, when you were young and dumb you made mistakes too and you became wiser and more responsible the older you became. Just like my generation will and every generation after me will as well.

As far as you providing for your family and being indepent, good for you. But I have to take issue with your comments about other people your age having fun and enjoying their college years. Just because you had a kid early and got married and have to work full time now as a 22 year old doesn't mean that's the same path everyone else should take. I'm 21 and can't even imagine being married and raising a kid this time next year. Just because other people in your age range are going to college and having a good time doesn't mean they're any less "mature" than you are. You have a lot of responsibility on your plate because you made the choice to get married and have a child at an earlier age than most of this and the last generation. I think what you should consider is they don't have as many responsibilities as you do because they might not be married or have a kid.

Not what I am saying.
What I mean is why do so few in our generation take enjoyment out of simple things or use time to learn a craft somthing useful learn to trap learn to work wood learn to moonshine lol (i come from a line of em so that had to go in there.) but instead of learn cool **** like this most of our generation would rather go to a club and act like a dumbass and i know that they do before you go into a rant on that because the only friend I still see is into this stuff and all he cares about now is how cool his clothes are what he can do to make his car look more "thug" and the girls that are doing this stuff my lord its sad they have no standards and its a competition to see who can be the biggest whore in the group its not the same as generations before us its a moral decay of society.

lol you know hit it on the head I love history I read constantly civil war revolutionary ww2 im on ww1 spill right now last night I set on the phone with my dad for 2 hours reading rosters of companies formed in murray and whitfield during the civil war lol seeing which families are still around.

Dwilson, you ought to look into reenacting. Great hobby if you love history, shooting, and camping. Lots of good outfits in GA. I know some folks up your way in the hobby. You can even make it a family hobby if your wife is interested in history.

I wanted to when i was a kid so bad I have a uniform its just expensive to get everything else but Ive always been interested we go to resaca and tunnel hill every year to the battle I missed Chickamauga dang it! But when I was a kid my dad and me used to go on vacations to battlefield the best trip ever we stayed at the Cashtown Inn at Gettysburg and toured the battlefield on horseback

I joined the Army at 18, left my hometown only to return to a bunch of immature, lazy asses. Some of them are still in that same town doing nothing more than stumbling through life with no goals or ambition. I know exactly how you feel. I am 52 now, and a good friend is probably one of the hardest things to find. My wife is my best friend.

Not what I am saying.
What I mean is why do so few in our generation take enjoyment out of simple things or use time to learn a craft somthing useful learn to trap learn to work wood learn to moonshine lol (i come from a line of em so that had to go in there.) but instead of learn cool **** like this most of our generation would rather go to a club and act like a dumbass and i know that they do before you go into a rant on that because the only friend I still see is into this stuff and all he cares about now is how cool his clothes are what he can do to make his car look more "thug" and the girls that are doing this stuff my lord its sad they have no standards and its a competition to see who can be the biggest whore in the group its not the same as generations before us its a moral decay of society.

I think you should try and associate with a different group of people or find people in our age range that do enjoy those things. I don't know what it is like where you're at but I've got plenty of friends that like to go fishing or hunting or play a round of golf, just fun activities to go do. Heck I would be down for some moonshine haha. I'm not the clubbing type at all. But I do enjoy hanging out with friends and having a drink or ten every now and then. Are clubs the only thing to do around you? I feel like being up there in north Georgia there's plenty of fishing spots and camping destinations to hit up. And I bet there's quite a few ODT members near you in their 20's that have the same interests as you.

I joined the Army at 18, left my hometown only to return to a bunch of immature, lazy asses. Some of them are still in that same town doing nothing more than stumbling through life with no goals or ambition. I know exactly how you feel. I am 52 now, and a good friend is probably one of the hardest things to find. My wife is my best friend.

Same here My "best friend" we grew up together and were closer than brothers we lived together for awhile after high school but i washed my hands of him he has two daughters he dont take care of he wont work he always has an excuse and then he stole from me and that was it 16 years of friendship came to an abrupt halt

I think you should try and associate with a different group of people or find people in our age range that do enjoy those things. I don't know what it is like where you're at but I've got plenty of friends that like to go fishing or hunting or play a round of golf, just fun activities to go do. Heck I would be down for some moonshine haha. I'm not the clubbing type at all. But I do enjoy hanging out with friends and having a drink or ten every now and then. Are clubs the only thing to do around you? I feel like being up there in north Georgia there's plenty of fishing spots and camping destinations to hit up. And I bet there's quite a few ODT members near you in their 20's that have the same interests as you.
Yea there is but we are so close to Chattanooga that its has somehow brainwashed the people I went to school with into thinking they are city kids its sad and yea I know a couple ODT'ers here but all are much older than myself and just hard to really get buddy buddy with em when most of the meets are more like business transactions

Yea there is but we are so close to Chattanooga that its has somehow brainwashed the people I went to school with into thinking they are city kids its sad and yea I know a couple ODT'ers here but all are much older than myself and just hard to really get buddy buddy with em when most of the meets are more like business transactions

Have you considered moving? Obviously that's an even bigger decision now that you're married and have a family. But if you're not happy there then maybe relocating would be a good fresh start.

Have you considered moving? Obviously that's an even bigger decision now that you're married and have a family. But if you're not happy there then maybe relocating would be a good fresh start.

No I love this area its home I can get around the mountains better than most people twice my age thanks to my grandpa. I know all the stories the places everything so I could never move I just need to find some like minded folks which is alot easier said than done

Back
Top Bottom