Im 40 in a 22 year old body

I had the same feeling about others my age when I was in my 20's. Especially the early 20's. Although I did have some friends that enjoyed hunting and fishing.

Oh and I turn 40 next month and I feel like I'm 22 in a 40 year old body.

Been there and done it. Its life as we know it...Its tough to work and be in school and married. Be fortunate that your wife has a long leash on you! Maybe next time grab the wife when you jump in the truck and do something fun! My wife and I do everything together and have the best times...she is my best friend! You don't need friends when you have a wife like mine.

Don't let it get you down dWilson. Thank The Lord he has blessed you with maturity beyond your years, and with a wife and son to care about.

lol you know hit it on the head I love history I read constantly civil war revolutionary ww2 im on ww1 spill right now last night I set on the phone with my dad for 2 hours reading rosters of companies formed in murray and whitfield during the civil war lol seeing which families are still around.

Ever read "the Killer Angels" by Michael Sharra? My favorite civil war book. This book was the basis for the Movie Gettysburg

Ever read "the Killer Angels" by Michael Sharra? My favorite civil war book. This book was the basis for the Movie Gettysburg

Yes sir Jeff and Mike both are amazing authors! I have tons of books by Jeff that i still need to read but they are in the closet and i am taking them down one by one Bernard Cornwell has some really good civil war books as well I am reading the starbuck chronicles right now Im on book 3

dwilson you're definitively not the only one. While I'm not exactly in the same boat, I'm in a similar one. I'm 25 with no wife or kid but I was forced to grow up fast. I actually had to leave Florida and transplant to Georgia to get away from my generation, who only cared about going out and getting f***ed up. Every night. It's sad. Our parents did a good job raising us and teaching us true values and responsibility.

(Far) Too much of our generation was raised incorrectly and taught entitlement (especially the kids I grew up with). Many of these kids are the ones we speak of who go out "clubbing" every night of the week and many of them will probably never grow up and learn the life lessons that we know.

I tried college after high school and QUICKLY figured out that it was neither my style nor a viable opportunity for career placement post grad. I now have my A&P license and work for an awesome company which I hope to advance with and be there until it's time for me to retire.

However, it has put quite a strain on my social life. I also have no friends my age with whom I can go and enjoy a day on the lake or weekend camping. But honestly, I've come to terms with this because I'd rather associate with them than most people our age. I hope to find a nice woman sometime soon because I'd like to settle down and start a family, but good things come to those who wait (allegedly).

So bottom line, good on you sir. I'm glad to hear there are others out there. You are a rare breed in these days and times.

(/?end rant?)

Back
Top Bottom