Im 40 in a 22 year old body

i'm in my mid 20s, i don't really have any close family (Except my grandfather but he is rather boring like me so we get along). most of my friends are in their 30s-40s(sometimes older) that i actually do things with, but i find its hard to find intelligent people in their 20s nowadays unless you like loud music concerts or clubbing. the only bad part is that folks in that age group that are employed to be busy with either family or work to do things out often with others.

i like to think that it just means that you're more mature then others in your age group

but i was surrounded by older folks all my life so i never had my own generation to teach me how to fit into the mid 20 somethings

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positives guys yea ill just be patient and keep doing what i love maybe one day ill make friends again haha

Don't think for a minute us old folks don't have a good time, heck we always going, camping, hunting, fishing, rafting together.

Don't think for a minute us old folks don't have a good time, heck we always going, camping, hunting, fishing, rafting together.

the guys I cook out with on weekend are in their 40's we have some awesome times and man them guys can drink lol but they are bikers not sportsmen

This a simple rant.... If you are not interested just please ignore...

I went for a long ride today just to get out. I got in my truck and took off rode most of Murray County and part of Whitfield. I did alot of thinking while I was out about why I have no friends haha I mean not any friends just go do stuff with I am 22 years old and my youngest friend is 30 all of the people I used to call my friends that were in my age group I never talk to anymore I have nothing in common with just reading something theses peoples post of facebook I just think what a dumbass. And what has probably led to this is the fact I am married have a kid work a full time job and go to school. Where as all these guys I used to hang with are all into the "Clubbing" thing and all that bull**** which seems like a real waste of time and money "Oh yeah lets go buy over priced drinks listen to ****ty music really load and watch gutter sluts dry hump each other" sounds like a wonderful time.

And the ones who dont do this are either strung out on dope or I have no use for due to the fact that they neglect their responsibilities and still have the balls to call themselves men. I am 22 I have my own place I am married to a great woman I have a great son I keep insurance on my family I have no car payments I save money and pay all my bills without anyone else's help! I can't understand how the rest of my generation can be so differant than me.

I just want some friends that I can plan fishing trips and camping trips with and go hunting with but no one my age has any interest in theses activities and all my older friends have to much going on to ever get our schedules lined up or their wives wont let them go I guess they arent as blessed in that department as I am. lol

I just needed to vent a little I guess it sucks always having to do everything alone cause my wife isnt interested in any of that but I guess in a few years I will have a permanent little hunting buddy. RANT OVER

Me and you both, I can't stand my age group.

22 years old and realizing that your peers are self centered and on the wrong track, and feeling alone because you made the right choices? Man, you came to this wise turning point decades before many men....pat yourself on the back! I'll shake your hand any day, because at your age, you are aware of values many men take their whole lives and many heartbreaks and moral/financial/ethical bankruptcies to learn. Kudos.

i'm in my mid 20s, i don't really have any close family (Except my grandfather but he is rather boring like me so we get along). most of my friends are in their 30s-40s(sometimes older) that i actually do things with, but i find its hard to find intelligent people in their 20s nowadays unless you like loud music concerts or clubbing. the only bad part is that folks in that age group that are employed to be busy with either family or work to do things out often with others.

i like to think that it just means that you're more mature then others in your age group

but i was surrounded by older folks all my life so i never had my own generation to teach me how to fit into the mid 20 somethings

Just a little guilt trip. Now go do it right.

Back
Top Bottom