**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

Well, I'm not going to make it to Legion. The method I chose to use to find a good load was to bump seating depth. I've had great success with this in the past. I can do a single load, seat everything long and then bump it as needed at the range. Once the right COAL is found, all I have to do is seat the remaining bullets to the same depth and they are ready to go. One procedure that I had to forgo this time because I was running out of time was to pressure test the loads before deciding what the final powder charge was going to be for the bump test ammo. I kept the charge far enough below max charge I didn't think it was going to be a problem. It was a gamble and I lost. Several signs of too much pressure. I fired three rounds and quit.

The good news is that those three rounds were sub MOA. The bad news is that I'm out of time and will not have another opportunity to get to the range before Saturday. I could still go with my 308, but frankly, I'm disgusted to the point all that seeing those 2000+ yard targets would do is piss me off.

Looks like you are finally on the right path to having the rifle you wanted in the beginning!
Yeah, but don't know when I'll ever get another chance to really stretch it out like I was going to Saturday.

This just pisses me off that much more about wasting all that time and energy on the POS Christensen. If I had just gone with the Remington to start with I'd have had everything ready long ago.

Well, I'm not going to make it to Legion. The method I chose to use to find a good load was to bump seating depth. I've had great success with this in the past. I can do a single load, seat everything long and then bump it as needed at the range. Once the right COAL is found, all I have to do is seat the remaining bullets to the same depth and they are ready to go. One procedure that I had to forgo this time because I was running out of time was to pressure test the loads before deciding what the final powder charge was going to be for the bump test ammo. I kept the charge far enough below max charge I didn't think it was going to be a problem. It was a gamble and I lost. Several signs of too much pressure. I fired three rounds and quit.

The good news is that those three rounds were sub MOA. The bad news is that I'm out of time and will not have another opportunity to get to the range before Saturday. I could still go with my 308, but frankly, I'm disgusted to the point all that seeing those 2000+ yard targets would do is piss me off.

One thing about a Berger for sure is you can only tune one thing at a time. From my experience anyway.

Yeah, but don't know when I'll ever get another chance to really stretch it out like I was going to Saturday.

This just pisses me off that much more about wasting all that time and energy on the POS Christensen. If I had just gone with the Remington to start with I'd have had everything ready long ago.

At least we all know now to steer clear from Christensen. It sucks that you had to go through that bull**** though.

Back
Top Bottom