• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IMI 5.56 headstamps

It did come from Wideners, but only about a year ago.

I'll be loading Hornady 55gr FMJBT, again, trying to keep it simple for now. For primers I ended up getting CCI #41's, as the #400's weren't in stock when I placed my order.

Factory guns with larger chambers would be safer to use this thick wall brass. Tighter target chambers will require more attention to high pressure signs. I would resize case very little using RCBS shoulder gauge. If shot in a bolt action rifle i would neck size only.

Factory guns with larger chambers would be safer to use this thick wall brass. Tighter target chambers will require more attention to high pressure signs. I would resize case very little using RCBS shoulder gauge. If shot in a bolt action rifle i would neck size only.
Why would you neck size only in a bolt action? Sure, it gives better accuracy, but it makes it tough to chamber the next round, since the brass is fire formed to fit the chamber. I have neck sized only on 30 06, and can tell you that I wouldn't do that with any rounds I intended as hunting round. They are fine for punching paper, but when you want the next round in quick and easy, neck sizing isn't the answer.

Back
Top Bottom