In car on company parking lot?

tehjrow

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
My company has this policy:

1.25 Weapons in the Workplace
Employees are prohibited from carrying a handgun, firearm, or dangerous weapon of any kind onto the premises, whether or not the person is licensed or permitted to carry the weapon. Possession of a weapon of any kind on Company property is grounds for immediate termination.

Yet, this site says that I can have it in the parking lot:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/GA

Thoughts?

no, i believe when sb308 went into effect, there was a section regarding firearms in cars. if i remember correctly it says the employer no longer has the right to fire anyone for having a firearm in their car. on your person is a different matter but its pretty much said that just because your on their property, the inside is your property so they have no say.....only reason i know this is because i got into it with my company lol. our policy has since changed....

you want to fight it--then do--the rules say no guns on the property--they own it they can say want they want--the same as you would say on your own property---you want to lose your job over this than so be it---best thing to do if you want to carry it is to pull over before you get to the property and hide it in the trunk of the car and don't brag to everyone that you are hiding a gun in your trunk--be a little smart about this----

I work for a company that says no guns in work place or cars also but they don't own the property, so is it still their right to tell me what I can have in my car?

your life is worth more than your job, and no one will know that you are packing unless you have to defend your life. In which case it it better to be unemployed and alive.

Back
Top Bottom