• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

In need of Private Investigators

When you say " Armed investigator license", does this just mean I'm allowed to take pictures while CCW? Or does it guard me from certain laws while carrying on other peoples property?

For instance, I am chased down by someone wielding a firearm, and after leaving their property, does it help you in a self defense case?

Also just to clarify, it is 21 consecutive days of class correct?

Last edited:
When you say " Armed investigator license", does this just mean I'm allowed to take pictures while CCW? Or does it guard me from certain laws while carrying on other peoples property
"Armed Investigator" simply means you can be placed on assignments that require being armed by the company. Those types of assignments pay better than the "unarmed" alternative. For example, armed security detail, Exec. Protection, etc and you would be required to qualify with your weapon and you must only be armed with the weapon(s) you qualify with. Any other time, you can still carry your CCW under the protection of your standard GWL.

Also just to clarify, it is 21 consecutive days of class correct?

Correct. Normally, it is broken up into a 3-5 month process but we are offering a high speed class.

Last edited:
Tactical. No it would not hinder you because of your background. I have no LE or Military back ground. It is more of a mindset thing. The mindset for this cant be taught it just has to be there. Also most of the things that hinder LE investigators do not hinder us. Not having to "unlearn" things greatly helps in the class and in the field. My .02 worth.

I see. Well I am very intrigued. I just need to learn more about the business.

Would I have to provide my own camera and other equipment?

Are expenses usually covered, gas, photograph costs, etc.

I scrolled through posts and didn't see anything on average pay?

Last edited:
Hey guys,this is a good way to start a career for a relatively small amount of money.It`s not for everyone,though.I did it for several years.I`ve sat in a vehicle,peeing in a jar,for 8-14 hours.Also did same(without the jar) lying in the bushes in all kinds of weather.If you can`t sit in a treestand all day,think about it.Most companies won`t allow you to carry a weapon,at first.Some won`t allow it at all.Some pay good,some better.Some supply equipment,some don`t.You need to be willing to do the travel,motel,and bag-drag deal.The school will teach you the laws involving trespass,surveillance,etc.The license is not a ticket to trespass,but it does open doors to allow you to get info.The work is interesting and exciting.I enjoyed it more than anything I`ve ever done,except for my military occupation.I got tired of the travel,and the work was feast or famine.BTW,some LEOS don`t make good PIs.Some PIs don`t make good LEOS.Some people can`t do either one.CCW should be thanked for putting this opportunity on here.As for being armed,the PI gun license isn`t the same as the Ga.concealed carry license.The board of private detectives and security guards does not recognize the Ga.CCL as a legitimate carry license while working.It`s not frowned upon to have your weapon in your vehicle,but you need the special license to carry while working as a detective or security guard.

Last edited:
I notice you list Executive Protection as one of the services you guys offer. Could you tell me what kind of job tempo you are experiencing in that field? Is that something that you guys perform every now and then, or is it a frequent requirement? I've got some experience in that field and am considering looking into it part time when I get home, just curious if you've found there to be an actual paying need for it. If there is, I'd like to PM you some info on my background and see if you think my particular skill sets are something you guys would be interested in. Thanks.

Hmmm could you used this skill to apply undercover narcotics? In other words, would this look good of you were applying to be a policeman?

Back
Top Bottom