• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

In need of Private Investigators

More than a couple. Patrol, Investigations and Special Operations.

If I am not mistaking, if you have more than 2 years in LE, you can bypass this class and go straight for the State exam but I can guarantee that you would not pass the exam without taking the class. LE investigations and Private Investigations only share certain principals and 100% of nothing else. You would like PI work much better than the restricted LE investigative work, I promise.

Is there a need for the firearm part other than getting some shooting instructions? Will that part of the course effect being able to find employment afterward?

Good question. Some agencies do not hire "armed" personnel because of insurance costs so they would not care if you took the armed course. In order to carry while working a case, you have to qualify with your weapon and your weapons info is retained on file, which means taking the required class and the doing a qualification shoot afterward. You would also not qualify for armed security or armed Executive Protection detail if you do not take it.

Hey Guys, Long time no see. I went through this instructors class when he was with another school. He is the yoda of PI instructors and a top notch PI. Well worth the money and alot less than what me and CCW spent. Also we have a great group of guys at PILRS Firm. If this is something you have wanted to do or your interest is peaked try it out. It is a blast.

would love to do this but the 1700 is not here right now since being unemployed since december. have always wanted to do this and my son got interested and been a deputy now for 9 years and left me in the dust

How many people does your company plan to hire from the group? Do you offer job placement assistance? Last but not least, what is the average starting salary?

This is not a class designed to train investigators strictly to come for work for our firm. This is to offer the certification to get into the industry. Yes, we will be looking at student performance and may look at hiring anyone we feel will be an asset, however as a 1099'd contract investigator, you can work for as many agencies as you like at the same time. The question regarding pay has already been addressed and we would gladly look at helping with post school placement.

Back
Top Bottom