• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the market for a new pickup.....

I just don’t think I’d feel comfortable buying any new ‘20 or ‘21 vehicles. Between supply chain issues and labor shortages, I just don’t think the quality control was a priority.

Watch them become known as “Covid Cars”…kinda the same way you shouldn’t buy a used car the year after a huge flood or hurricane like “Katrina Cars” with salt water sitting in the floorboards and door panels for weeks, refurbed, then shipped out of the region for resale.

Bought a new F150 last month...
After 3 days of negotiation, best I could do was $1500 below sticker price but I did good on my trade in.
No dealer would honor my X plan discount

Bought my wife a new Buick three months ago...got an excellent deal...well below sticker plus incentives.

I just don’t think I’d feel comfortable buying any new ‘20 or ‘21 vehicles. Between supply chain issues and labor shortages, I just don’t think the quality control was a priority.
Ditto. Despite having the itch, I'll keep chugging along in the three paid off 'old' vehicles for the foreseeable future.

They wont be any cheaper. Just like houses now, someone falls behind so the lender takes possession, spruce it up and BAM! Nice, newish, shiny inventory ready for the next sheep to fleece. 72 months financing? Hell - No Problem! Most people dont buy the car - they buy the payment. I mean what nut would sign on for a $55k and up vehicle that has major depreciation off the lot? (normally) Automobiles are just like stocks to me - BUY LOW! If someone needs a 3/4 or 1 ton truck for work, then I get it. You got to buy it to stay in business. But the average sucker, I mean consumer, just wants that new car smell for the 35 min drive to work every day. You have to be desperate or really out of touch to buy an automobile (or a house) in this market.
My 2011 dodge dodge dually I got new ,only has 58k miles on it. I’m hoping it will last til I go or the rapture comes

My 2011 dodge dodge dually I got new ,only has 58k miles on it. I’m hoping it will last til I go or the rapture comes

My 2004 Yukon I bought new. Has 330k on it and still rolling. Its going to be driven until it's terminal! I can't stomach to think of another car payment on a brand new vehicle.

My 2004 Yukon I bought new. Has 330k on it and still rolling. Its going to be driven until it's terminal! I can't stomach to think of another car payment on a brand new vehicle.
2005 Silverado 2500 diesel with 240,000 miles. At 71 years old do not want the truck payment. Especially when I think of my first house in 1973 was $3,300. My second house in 1976 was $15,000 . Just can’t justify those prices. Yeah , I’m a cheap old SOB !!!!

2005 Silverado 2500 diesel with 240,000 miles. At 71 years old do not want the truck payment. Especially when I think of my first house in 1973 was $3,300. My second house in 1976 was $15,000 . Just can’t justify those prices. Yeah , I’m a cheap old SOB !!!!

I'm getting cheaper the older I get. (But I do like blowing money on guns vs car payments!)

Back
Top Bottom