• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inappropriate for school?

T-shirt-1.jpg

When my younger son was in high school, he had a buddy, Vince, whose mom worked for a latex company in Lawrenceville that made condoms. My son and Vince wore Durex condom shirts all the time to school and I never got any feedback. This was about 20 years ago.

The School's policy violates the child's first amendment right to express himself in a way that does not disturb the operation of the school or threaten others.

Anybody who is so stupid they can't tell the difference between
[and these are hypothetical examples]

(1) a kid posing with a hunting rifle (or a round of big game hunting rifle ammo) and deer antlers, and captioning the pic "Hunts Bucks"...

and

(2) a gangster thuglet holding his Glock fore-tay sideways and captioning the photo with "Street Cred-I gots it"

...should not be involved in public education in any capacity.
Not helping write the policy about appropriate clothing, and not enforcing it or reporting alleged violations.

In 2005, The Georgia General Assembly passed a resolution calling for a constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right of hunting in Georgia.
The voters overwhelmingly approved that constitutional amendment during the 2006 election.

This public school kid was expressing his support for a constitutionally-protected sport and a positive, cherished part of Georgia's cultural heritage and history.

Back
Top Bottom