Increase Height of Cheek Weld

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Recently did a scope swap on the 7mm Mag. Got the chance to put some rounds down range over the weekend to get it back on paper and driving tacks. Went from a 40mm bell to a 50. That required higher scope mounts than the original set up and totally screwed up my cheek weld. For those who don't know, we are talking about a Rem 700, made in late 70's with wood Monty Carlo stock. My father game me this gun when I turned 12 and got into deer hunting. I used it exclusively for years but eventually got tire of the beating that mag dished out with every pull of the trigger and I changed calibers and stuck this gun in the back of the safe. That's where it stayed for about 10 years. Took it out year before last and had Joe Collier put a brake on it to calm it down some and I'm in love with the gun again. So, back to the subject in question...I'm looking for a somewhat elegant solution to raise the cheek weld of the gun. Not going to drill holes in the stock or anything like that to modify it just because of the sentimental value of the gun and I think the wood stock is beautiful. Anyhow, just thought I would throw it out there to see what ideas or solutions the rest of the ODT crew had come up with over the years. Right now I'm thinking something I just wrap over the stock that gives me the height I need. Something along the lines of the Smith Enterprises Tactical Cheek Piece, but the poor man's knock off version at a cheaper price. Thanks for any input you may have, it's much appreciated.

LOL I was gonna say duct tape.

OP you could always just replace the stock with something so you can protect the original stock.

soldiersystems.net_blog1_wp_content_uploads_2016_01_nl_131_1_fb.jpeg

I 3D printed one out of ABS for my FVSR and put the punisher skull on it. I know not everyone has those resources, but you could make you own out of a block of wood, wrap sandpaper over your stock and sand the part to a perfect fit.

CD14C656-5E88-4936-B75D-708FEF2E07C7.jpeg
6DEC5DA8-61BC-442C-B614-473F90889A77.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom