• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inflation is here

Amen. I could've doubled or even tripled my money that I've been forced to put into SS by now.

It will be interesting and stressful for many to see what happens to this program in the coming years. The history behind it is a good read. It was once viewed as a successful program and benefited people who worked.........then the rules changed so people that did not work could get it and many view it as problematic now for that reason.

If I could not pay into SS I would in a heartbeat.
I certainly wouldn’t count on getting a check every month after 2025 of any substance. The check might be for $100,000.00 a month, but your power bill would be $200,000.00 a month. It would be nice to get our “investment” back, but I’m not counting on it.

They are speculating gas will hit $7.00 a gallon that is going to hurt like a Mother! I hope they are wrong....
Harbor freight, wal mart and tractor supply
Has 5 gal Midwest gas cans for $20 each.
Get and fill them now before the prices go way up, cans are no longer available and gasoline shortages and price hikes come.

As far as 401-k and social security I knew from when I was in my 20’s when Bill Clinton talked so fondly of the government seizing them I knew it would most likely be dried up , not available or seized by the government by the time I was old enough to collect.
I made my mind up to save for my own retirement and put a lot of that in preparations and survival assets, relationships and education for my children to get them thinking the same way as there is strength in numbers and like minded individuals especially with family is a must have if/when the SHTF.
Another thing is mindset.
I’m not one to panic and realize we all have to die some day.
I don’t plan on making it easy on anyone and would never lie down for a tyrant.
The best thing we can do for ourself and for our families and neighbors is to educate them all and try to get them into preparing now for what is possibly coming.
It’s just survival of the fittest and doing what you can with what you got and putting off things that are frivolous like vacations to Disneyland and buying side by sides for the kids and that new truck you know is way too overpriced , built like crap and designed to fail repeatedly by the new cafe standards and crappy manufacturing.
At least we at the ODT know there are alot of like minded individuals here and lots of great people to help each other out if needed by sharing skills, talent and advice.
Think about what you’re lacking now and start collecting it so you don’t have to ask others when it’s all dried up.
Little by little it adds up.
I kept warning one of my family members about this a while ago and kept saying it’s coming, look at what’s going on.
Ears were plugged , got laughed off and now their eyes are finally opening and they’re almost in panic mode which is good because when it comes time to really panic they can relax a bit knowing they’ve done something.

A 4wd truck sitting on 30's is the last thing you need when gas goes over 3 dollars a gallon. I have always had a paid off/low payment commuter work car that gets between 25-30 mpg and an older paid for truck that I drive on the weekend. All of the money pissed away in big car payments and gas can go a long way in prepping for hard times and your retirement.

Harbor freight, wal mart and tractor supply
Has 5 gal Midwest gas cans for $20 each.
Get and fill them now before the prices go way up, cans are no longer available and gasoline shortages and price hikes come.

As far as 401-k and social security I knew from when I was in my 20’s when Bill Clinton talked so fondly of the government seizing them I knew it would most likely be dried up , not available or seized by the government by the time I was old enough to collect.
I made my mind up to save for my own retirement and put a lot of that in preparations and survival assets, relationships and education for my children to get them thinking the same way as there is strength in numbers and like minded individuals especially with family is a must have if/when the SHTF.
Another thing is mindset.
I’m not one to panic and realize we all have to die some day.
I don’t plan on making it easy on anyone and would never lie down for a tyrant.
The best thing we can do for ourself and for our families and neighbors is to educate them all and try to get them into preparing now for what is possibly coming.
It’s just survival of the fittest and doing what you can with what you got and putting off things that are frivolous like vacations to Disneyland and buying side by sides for the kids and that new truck you know is way too overpriced , built like crap and designed to fail repeatedly by the new cafe standards and crappy manufacturing.
At least we at the ODT know there are alot of like minded individuals here and lots of great people to help each other out if needed by sharing skills, talent and advice.
Think about what you’re lacking now and start collecting it so you don’t have to ask others when it’s all dried up.
Little by little it adds up.
I kept warning one of my family members about this a while ago and kept saying it’s coming, look at what’s going on.
Ears were plugged , got laughed off and now their eyes are finally opening and they’re almost in panic mode which is good because when it comes time to really panic they can relax a bit knowing they’ve done something.
Good advice. We always go on 2-4 vacations a year and now we might do one. I do have a hard time fighting the urge to get another house but the wife will wait patiently until I find the one best for us. Been prepping for a year and looking at a freeze dryer to add to my stock. The wife has been a work in progress but I keep discussing the reality of what lies ahead. The last snow storm I had plenty of fuel, a plan in place if we lost power and plenty of food and water. She rolls her eyes and said see it didn’t happen and you got all this stuff. I told her darling you’ll understand when the **** hits the fan.

Back
Top Bottom