• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insomnia cures?

Two nights ago was misery. Hot whatever sore throat, coughing thing is going around. Up at 11,11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2-something, 3:45, 4:25, 5:30...sucked.

Anyone else really struggle with insomnia? Anyone take any medicine for it? I usually use melatonin and valerian and advil pm when its really bad. But Im really getting tired of not sleeping well.

update: December 2021:

This thread has put me on a journey to solve this problem that has bothered me for most of my adult life. I have struggled with sleep for a long time. I was desperate to find answers.

I spent considerable time in prayer and fasting, I met with my Bishop at Church and talked to my wife and doctor. My solutions may not work for everyone but I have found great peace and help.

I failed to sleep due to worry, stress and a racing mind. After a few hours of sleep I would wake up and think about things I have done, not done or needed to do. My mind would race and I could not get back to sleep.

My prayers, my wife and my Bishop helped me find peace through my Savior Jesus Christ.

My Doctor helped me understand I had a mild form of OCD. That made me fixate and obsess overly things I could not change. A mild medication taken every night has helped.

I’ve switched to a plant based diet- not vegetarian or vegan. I try and get most of my calories every day from whole grains, beans and vegetables. I still eat eggs fish and dairy products regularly. I eat chicken occasionally and I eat beef and pork rarely.

I am changing my workouts from mostly weight lifting to include more cardio.

I have been open and honest with my wife about the things that worry me the most.

For the very first time in 30 years I am sleeping well, very well, sometimes too much. These changes have been nothing short of life changing for me. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for my wife and modern medicine.

I will update more as I progress on this road. I am still learning my way through this new lifestyle.

Finally got tired enough to lay down at 3:30 I think yeah. 25 minutes later my back said nope so I got up made coffee and here I am still awake not one iota of sleep since this morning or yesterday morning actually.

My back started hurting 25 minutes after I lay down. I got up took two Tylenol one Advil and then rubbed muscle aching cream on my back and I'm sitting on electric blanket in my lower black is still in a knot I couldn't sleep now if I took a quaalude.

In my experience nothing is a better cure for insomnia than a really hard workout and running like a bat at of hell (if you can).

When I work out in the mornings and do cardio after work, along with working hard at the job I usually sleep pretty good for about 4-5 hours at night. I think a new matress will be the key to having a longer better night's sleep. When I'm lazy for.more than a couple days I don't sleep well at all.

I fell asleep in the recliner on the electric blanket after the medication kicked in and I've been straight reclining for a little bit but that was a nap midday so now I'm going to be up again tonight. I hate to sleep cycle routine being broken like that but when you can't sleep to begin with I guess any sleep you get is cause for celebration.

Back
Top Bottom