• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insomnia cures?

How dark is the room you sleep in? I have a really high volume air mover that keeps the bedroom really quiet and some room darkening curtains.
I cam sleep for a few days if left alone..
Fairly dark. There is an LED on the air machine thing my wife loves. Bright enough to cast a circle on the ceiling. Pic sucks, lol. Think I'm gonna hit it with electrical tape.
20230706_050307.jpg

P
How dark is the room you sleep in? I have a really high volume air mover that keeps the bedroom really quiet and some room darkening curtains.
I cam sleep for a few days if left alone..
I wish I could, sometimes I think I could sleep forever but life and reality keeps interrupting my slumber. My best hope is I'll sleep when I'm dead.

I can’t sleep or be in a completely dark and quiet room….I HAVE to have tv or radio playing low and some kind of dim light if not the tv. Idk why , but I have always been that way. Even as a teenager. I had to have something making a little noise.….something lightly.

I can’t sleep or be in a completely dark and quiet room….I HAVE to have tv or radio playing low and some kind of dim light if not the tv. Idk why , but I have always been that way. Even as a teenager. I had to have something making a little noise.….something lightly.
Sounds horrible. I can't sleep with a TV or radio on. Any external stimulation is too much.

Sounds horrible. I can't sleep with a TV or radio on. Any external stimulation is too much.
Wow…I would go nuts ! Lol. I guess I think too much. My mind would go a thousand miles an hour! Lol.
I have to have something to “drone out” to I guess.

Wow…I would go nuts ! Lol. I guess I think too much. My mind would go a thousand miles an hour! Lol.
I have to have something to “drone out” to I guess.
I tend to focus on whatever that simulation is. Music or video my little bb brain runs free playing word association.
It's strange because back in my military days I could sleep through anything. Our motto was "Eat when you can and sleep when you can because you never know when you'll get another chance"
I once slept through an earthquake and only woke up when people started hollering.
These days an ant sneezing can wake me up.

Back
Top Bottom