• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insomnia cures?

I tend to focus on whatever that simulation is. Music or video my little bb brain runs free playing word association.
It's strange because back in my military days I could sleep through anything. Our motto was "Eat when you can and sleep when you can because you never know when you'll get another chance"
I once slept through an earthquake and only woke up when people started hollering.
These days an ant sneezing can wake me up.
Yeah, I understand. I am just the complete opposite though. I have always had to have something going…radio, tv, whatever… I guess it’s the way I was brought up.
I was generally in a hospital or a setting with lots of people around doing stuff when I was a kid all through to my teens… so I got used to it really fast I reckon. now it’s just second nature. Me and the wife sleep on opposite ends of the house now. For the longest I had earbuds and she would have eyeshades on when we slept in the same bed. I had to have t.v. Or radio on and she needed it quiet ! Lol.

Interestingly, I kept music on all night before I got married. I can GO to sleep in almost any circumstance (rock show, loud movie, driving, conversation) and I originally went in for a sleep study for narcolepsy. Bastards said I had mild sleep apnea and claimed they had to "settle" that before making a diagnosis. The nurse said "it will be life changing, you won't believe how much better you feel." Well, I did not feel even one teensie bit better, more rested, whatever. The machine and I didn’t get along after a month or two and if anything I was more irritable after not sleeping well with the air and the mask.
So, its packed up in the closet and I still don't have a diagnosis. It makes me frequently unbelievably sleepy during the day and randomly wide awake at night. Not "mind racing with thoughts" awake, just wide awake like 2 cups of coffee awake, buzzing. Actually, ironically, I can go to Waffle House and have 2 or 3 cups of coffee Sat morning and come home and nap for an hour. Its a crazy brain in my head.

Screenshot_20230702_235102_Chrome.jpg

I done give up on the night crew..
I'm always here but there really isn't enough going on to hold my attention in the wee hours.
Watching old music videos (from when music was actually good) and reading news from around the globe and trolling leftists on Reddit. I'll check back in periodically just see if anything interesting is happening.
My wife's CNA will be here in about 3 hours so I'm just killing time.
You're right though...the night shift used to be a lot more fun but honestly that could be said about the whole website.

Sleep when you're dead.
Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse. I failed on all three.
Yep ! Sounds right to me. I think I fail on all three as well…..except the live fast part. I have lived pretty darned hard in my younger years. Done a lot , seen a lot….etc.,

How you doing brother? Are they finally getting a grip on what's going on with the seizures?
Hell no. All they can do is toss drugs at it and tell me to not drive and stay calm ! Driving me up the damned wall !
fortunately I haven’t had any in the last couple weeks I think . Hell, it’s getting harder and harder to remember stuff too. I have to write everything down now !
But I am still with it ! I am not done yet - 😆

Back
Top Bottom