• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Insurance Question

Okuma Okuma , Here is the problem that you will run into...

You swerved to avoid, but lost control - you are at fault. Just like if you swerve to miss a deer.

Now, the person who hit your car may have SOME liability, but they will likely argue that your car was already a total loss before there client hit you.

You could try going after the stalled car, but it will be challenging since there was no contact.
I don't agree. Someone mentioned a lot will hinge on the initial officers report, for a speedy outcome. Value is not enough to warrant hiring a lawyer unless you think you could collect a lot more for some reason.
Email me a copy of the report and I can give you a educated guess as to the outcome.

Cool, this is how I think should be.

What is the value based on exactly? I'm guessing NADA like mentioned above, but which figure do they use? (rough trade in, retail, etc)

Insurance agencies have their own valuation system as my understanding. I'd use the NADA and KBB and get a good general idea of where you'd be.

I have no idea about insurance but am really glad you are ok!

Funny how quickly life can end unexpectedly.

I dunno, pretty sure that had that car not been abandoned in the middle of the freeway with no lights or hazards none of the following events would have occurred. OS hitting the wall trying to avoid a more serious accident was directly caused by the first vehicles accident. I'd be finding out who was the owner of that vehicle and what they had for insurance then finding an attorney if they deny responsibility.

Doesn't matter what's in the road unless it fell off a truck seconds before you hit it
It's your fault for hitting it

Same with the car that hit yours
Since your car was stopped It's their fault for not watching where they were going

Glad you got out and ran
That's the right thing to do

Last edited:
I don't agree. Someone mentioned a lot will hinge on the initial officers report, for a speedy outcome. Value is not enough to warrant hiring a lawyer unless you think you could collect a lot more for some reason.
Email me a copy of the report and I can give you a educated guess as to the outcome.
No lawyer will take it unless someone got hurt and I doubt any lawyer will take. It if Marta was involved

My brother works for ken Nugent and Marta never pays for anything
Even if you win your lawsuit and get a judgement against Marta they just refuse to pay

Glad you're ok

I keep telling myself I'm gonna get a dashcam....

I wouldn't sit around waiting on a check
That will be months and months away if ever

Might as well get another car and move on. And if you do get a check later , that's nice

Sure he hit the other car. Before he hit the wall and got hit by the truck. He hit the wall after he hit the car sitting in the middle of his lane sideways with no lights or anything on.

Last edited:
Years ago I hit a corvette that was left in the road, when it ran out of gas. It was raining at night and the vett. Was at the bottom of a hill with no lights on. They wrote both of us a ticket. When we went before the judge, he dropped my ticket and charged the other driver with the wreck. Said it was unavoidable . Totaled both cars. I got paid. Good luck, it could have turned out worse. Glad everyone is OK.

Back
Top Bottom