• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ironclad training??? Anyone know of them

I took the basic pistol class there. Rob is a GREAT instructor!!! Check out his website for more info. Great little classroom he has there and his private range rocks!!! Hes a super nice guy who really knows his stuff.

I am about to signup for his progressive pistol course in July. Great price for the amount of attention you get.

Last edited:
Bullet, my names Rob Williams and I am the owner of Ironclad Firearms Training. If you have any questions please feel free to post or email me. I will do my best to answer and provide you with the info you need. Thank you!

bullet, sorry for the delay but been busy as can be. I offer a progressive carbine class which is an advanced course for many shooters. We DO NOT zero, as your rifle should be zeroed before this class. From there your on the clock for most of this class. Timed evolutions, shoot and move, manipulation drills, shooting from many positions, from cover, tac reloads vs speed reloads, optics moa and back up sight use, etc... Face paced, 500 rounds. You'll know your rifle well after this class :)

Hope that helps!!!

I took Rob's Progressive Pistol course last month and highly recommend him. Small class sizes mean you get the one on one attention/focus, and while he has a structured curriculum he is willing to modify components in order to focus on specific items that the class is interested in improving upon.

I was going to sign up for some of the carbine courses in the next couple of months, until my HOA hit me with some required repairs that have drained my fun budget for now.

My review of Ironclad's beginner carbine class.

As a newbie to the AR platform and never having any formal training before, I went in with not really having any expectations. I bought my AR a few months ago, taken to the range a few times and even broke it down as much as possible to try and understand my firearm.

Classes are small 4 or less. Luckily for me no one else had signed up so I had a private one on one training experience. Rob went over some basic information about the AR, parts, taking it apart. We then moved into shooting stance and holding the AR. He watched what I was doing then offered his advice and tweaked my mechanics. At first it felt awkward but I will say that I was shooting better by the end of the day.

After the classroom discussion we drove about 7 minutes away to the private range. Great setup there. Started by getting my iron sights zeroed in and then shooting to get my necessary adjusts. Went over hold over and offsets. Shooting from multiple positions and from behind cover.

All and all it was a great experience. I now have the basic fundamentals to go to the range and continue practicing and feel comfortable about what I am doing. Also because I was the only one there and we ended early I was able to continue shooting until I was ready to go.

If you are looking to get the basics down and feel comfortable with your AR, Rob will give you that in this class. Hope my review helps anyone else out who was thinking about taking a class.

Back
Top Bottom