• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is an AR lower a Rifle or a Part?

Is an AR lower a rifle or a part?

• It is a rifle, list it in rifles.

Votes: 48 47.1%
  • It is a part, list it in parts/accessories.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • It is a rifle, but I would prefer it was listed in parts.

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters
When i'm searching for a complete AR, I don't want to search through countless lowers in the "rifles" section. It's frustrating. Looks like a part to me since it's only a part of the rifle. Unless a batf agent wants to help me shop the Outdoors Trader, I don't care what they think.

Also when someone screams "THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING, GRAB YOUR RIFLES!!!" I'm not gonna grab a handful of lowers and hand them to the family lol.
Of course I tend to oversimplify things. I just don't like to make life too complicated. ;)

Hilarious! This my thinking, but apparently half the site agrees with you and the other half disagrees. I'm amazed at how this poll is constantly 50/50 on where to list these items.

Not much type A personalities going on here eh? ;) I think Steve is gonna put it in the new GFY forum ;)

Now that is a great site suggestion!

I would be fine with complete lowers and complete uppers being listed in rifles or handguns. I do consider those as more than just a part. I'll try to think of a decent compromise to make both sides happy. If anyone has any constructive suggestions feel free to post them.

I say make an AR/AK forum and split it into "Complete Rifles/Handguns" and "Recievers/Parts/Accessories".

That way I don't have to wade through all the "tacticool" crap when looking at real guns. ;)

Ok. Good question. If someone was to post a Glock lower (frame). Where do you think it should be listed? In the handguns listings? Or the parts/accessories area? No brainer. Parts/accessories. Yes, its the frame and has s/n. And considered the handgun.

If you were looking for a used motorcycle in the classifieds you wouldnt likely see someone post just a motorcycle frame in the used motorcycle section. But in the motorcycle parts section. Yes, its considered the actual motorcycle because its the frame. Has vin number and the frame is what the title goes with to register the bike. Not the other parts.

If you can't put a round in it and pull the trigger and it go "BANG", then it is a part. It is not a rifle. Just like the frame of a 1911 is not a pistol, it is a "part" of a pistol.

:deadhorse:

I'm sooooo over this. The folks here are polar opposite and everyone is rooted down in what they think (me included).

This will be one of those command decisions, made by Steve and the rest of us will just have to follow along. I do :clap2: the effort that he has put forth to try and do what the majority wants.

:deadhorse:

I'm sooooo over this. The folks here are polar opposite and everyone is rooted down in what they think (me included).

This will be one of those command decisions, made by Steve and the rest of us will just have to follow along. I do :clap2: the effort that he has put forth to try and do what the majority wants.

lol. There are so many dead horses on here. :rip:

Back
Top Bottom