• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it even possible to get your child their first vehicle for a few thousand dollars?

Glad to hear you found what you were seeking. I hope it will be a blessing to you and your daughter.

When you go to the Georgia tag office for your county to buy the tag and get the registration, don't be alarmed when they charge you the new sales tax fee. My folks (live in Virginia) promised my daughter a car in 2013 and they gave her their 1999 BMW 328i which the Bluebook had listed for $3000. It had about 90,000 miles and well maintained. When we went to the tag office, her gift car was assessed a sales tax charge of $350 in addition to the tag and title fees. Never mind that I had all of the gift car forms completed from the DOR website for family transfers. Collecting that one time tax fee means everything to the state.

Ran an AUTOCHECK on it before bidding. 3 private owners and always been a Florida car. Received good score and everything ordinary. Pictures of leather interior are immaculate and you could eat off the engine it's that clean. Tires are near new. There is a small dent in the driver door but for what I paid for the car I'll get an estimate to repair it.

keep an eye on the timing belt. most of the mechanic specials
ive seen around have snapped tbelts

Glad to hear you found what you were seeking. I hope it will be a blessing to you and your daughter.

When you go to the Georgia tag office for your county to buy the tag and get the registration, don't be alarmed when they charge you the new sales tax fee. My folks (live in Virginia) promised my daughter a car in 2013 and they gave her their 1999 BMW 328i which the Bluebook had listed for $3000. It had about 90,000 miles and well maintained. When we went to the tag office, her gift car was assessed a sales tax charge of $350 in addition to the tag and title fees. Never mind that I had all of the gift car forms completed from the DOR website for family transfers. Collecting that one time tax fee means everything to the state.

i hate it. total shakedown.

You are correct. It's WAY better than it used to be.

Better than it used to be if you buy from a dealer

Fat worse than it used to be if you buy from a private individual

The car dealers in GA bribed enough state lawmakers to get the unconstitutional sales tax changed to a "title tax "and the annual property tax eliminated

So now buying from a private individual doesn't save the 7% sales tax

And on top of that the dealers bribed the lawmakers to shorten the Time allowed for you to purchase a liscense plate from 30 days to 7 days IF you buy from a private individual
But it stays at 30 days of you buy from a stealership

Why does buying from a stealership get you an additional three weeks to drive without a tag ??

It's obvious that the car dealers org in GA owns the state legislature

Any way
OP hopefully the dealer seller in Florida didn't charge you sales tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the dealer charged me for my winning bid plus $199 dollar fee and that's it. His ad on Ebay clearly states out of state buyers are responsible to pay the other costs to their tax office. If you live in Florida where his business is then he charges the sales tax and that is also clearly stated. I am the worlds biggest skeptic but dealing with Auto Depot Inc on Ebay was smooth and absolutely no problems. If I had known about this guy I never would have attempted Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom