• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it even possible to get your child their first vehicle for a few thousand dollars?

Cash for clunkers may have been a number of years ago, but it is still affecting the supply of cheap cars today.

While supply is down, and has been down, the demand for beaters is at an all time high, for a number of reasons.

Cash for clunkers may have been a number of years ago, but it is still affecting the supply of cheap cars today.

While supply is down, and has been down, the demand for beaters is at an all time high, for a number of reasons.

alot of good cars /trucks got scrapped also. i've seen a
couple cars drive up on the scale and get parked next
to the crusher

I have a 17yr old daughter looking for her first car. Safe, reliable, decent and automatic top the list. Minor mechanics I can fix. Too many high mileage 200K plus cars with questionable maintenance practices. If it's after 1996 I have OBD II in hand to check. Some problems like overheating in PT Cruisers are unknown until mentioned by another ODT member. Then there are the pictures from 20 feet away and hidden paint problems. Unfortunately I live 3 miles from FL border and most ODT folks are up north. No hurry and I'll sift through the garbage and try not to waster too much of my time or gas.

So far:
Honda Pilot 415000 miles on it! Got to be some kind of record.

Integra with engine light the guy failed to mention until I drove the 52 miles to see it.

PT Cruiser with damaged paint the guy failed to mention until I drove 40 miles to see it. Not just peeling clear coat we are talking damaged.

Maxima listed as NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS and I drove the 40 miles south turn the engine on and hear obvious bearing noise whine coming from engine. Owner tells me it's been doing that since I bought it just never mentioned on the phone.

You might be right about the possibilities.

Last car I bought was advertised as "can't be driven far"
I drove it home..+1000 miles.

A check engine light on might just be your best deal.

Good luck, I'm sure the right car will come along.

Back
Top Bottom