• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it just me?

The market is going to fine as long as the economy is good. People ain't gonna stop buying guns, this is America damn it people buy like they're a basic necessity.

Now the companies that popped up just to meet the market demands of the Obama years may not survive. But they'll be fine going back to whatever the hell they did before. As long as the economy is good, the gun market will be good as well.

Yes for the new gun sales are doing well but the second hand market is hurting. I have noticed alot less used firearms being listed on here bc people dont feel loke loosing so much damn money

People had better get accustomed to losing money if they bought a new gun. Listing a used gun at 10% off new gun prices won't cut it in this market.

The market's flooded with firearms, and there's plenty of ammo, too. It'll take some gun/mag/accessories banning legislation or an unfavorable 2A judicial ruling to kick things back into gear. It's likely to stay depressed for a while from the looks of what seems to be happening with SCOTUS. Imagine if RBG finally retires. Court swings ever further right for decades.

we could only hope

The prices on new guns, plain every day weapons, are down. No doubt about that. Sales are brisk, because, as was already stated, prices are down. Even the guns I like, the older revolvers by S&W have, in some cases, gone down a bit. However, the most desired revolver models from S&W and Colt, prices are not dropping a lot, if at all. I am buying some pistols right now because I can buy the pistol I want for less than it sold last year. To me, that is a deal. Sure, I may have to keep it 10 years to break even. But heck, I am old and 10 years from now my wife and son can sort out the prices if I am not here. At least I had them while I could enjoy them.

Just my opinion, and what do I know?

The prices on new guns, plain every day weapons, are down. No doubt about that. Sales are brisk, because, as was already stated, prices are down. Even the guns I like, the older revolvers by S&W have, in some cases, gone down a bit. However, the most desired revolver models from S&W and Colt, prices are not dropping a lot, if at all. I am buying some pistols right now because I can buy the pistol I want for less than it sold last year. To me, that is a deal. Sure, I may have to keep it 10 years to break even. But heck, I am old and 10 years from now my wife and son can sort out the prices if I am not here. At least I had them while I could enjoy them.

Just my opinion, and what do I know?
Yeah there is a big portion of the collector market that is down as well

Back
Top Bottom