• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Is it legal" AR pistol question

sling OK, single or double point, AFG only allowed as forward grip, no vertical with out SBR stamp.
and still cannot shoulder the KAK brace.
ATF rules say you can add a VFG if the overall length is at least 26 inches. I wouldn't because I don't need to but it's not illegal.

26" and greater yes
Believe the measurement is in Function of the firearm, a la buffer spring, buffer and tube. It makes the weapon function. Therefore considered necessary parts for operation.
However an AK pistol with just the Sig brace does not directly Function the weapon, everything happens up front.
As far as the sling, I recently heard 2 point for a rifle and 1 point for a pistol. That's just what I heard tho...
Would love for someone to clarify that with documentation for everyone, including me.

As far as the sling, I recently heard 2 point for a rifle and 1 point for a pistol. That's just what I heard tho...
Would love for someone to clarify that with documentation for everyone, including me.

I can't cite you chapter and verse from the regs, but T/C pistols and some of the big revolvers have had two point slings for years and years and years.

www.freedomarms.com_img_scope_sling.gif

Back
Top Bottom