• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

is it weird I am salivating over a Century Canik in Desert Tan

Picked up today Cherokee Gun And Pawn for $329, feels like a bargain. Anybody know if it is +p rated if I put hollow points in it for a truck gun? Look forward to getting it out to the range as well.

I reluctantly purchased one last year. I only purchased it because of the price and the great reviews it had. I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised. Took my VP9LE and the TP9SF to the range together as a comparison and they both performed equally well. I have about 500 flawless rounds through my TP9SF now and have had no issues with the finish or function thus far. I have no intention of letting it go because it performs so well and I don't mind if it gets scratched dinged up. Great price for what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_7474.JPG
    IMG_7474.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 12
They say its Cerakote, which is a very durable finish, but it's only as good as the prep work. Most factory Cerakoted guns I've handled seem to be lacking in durability to me. Probably because the person finishing is more concerned with quantity over quality. So it's probably hit or miss on whether you get a good one or not.

If budget guns are what your after, spend a hundy less a d get the Millennium PT111 G2. Great gun for the money.

Nothing against the Canik, heck get one of those too.

Back
Top Bottom