• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it worth getting a membership to the NRA?

Start sending them a penny taped to the begging letter. Include a love note to Wayne. The calls and letters will stop. I guarantee it.

I second this.. seriously worked for both my wife and I. Life member here, American Rifle use to be a decent gun mag, though all the gun write ups were clearly paid advertising, but now the magazine is mostly political or begging for money.

NRA has good base line firearm and firearm safety classes/courses, good competitions too but I wouldn't join again.

I've said this many times. NRA "people" are good folks and the kind you want to hang around with and pop a cap or a top with.

NRA leadership? The most decrepit and swampy critters around. Starting with that thieving lizard at the top.

*(I wonder how much the NRA annual membership roll would drop if most gun ranges loosened up on the NRA membership to join requirement?)

I've said this many times. NRA "people" are good folks and the kind you want to hang around with and pop a cap or a top with.

NRA leadership? The most decrepit and swampy critters around. Starting with that thieving lizard at the top.

*(I wonder how much the NRA annual membership roll would drop if most gun ranges loosened up on the NRA membership to join requirement?)
Every time a club drops the NRA requirement for membership, ten Fudds die a little on the inside.

What are the benefits of joining? Does it save you money on anything?

They discount the hell out of your freedoms.

Every major gun control bill that has ever passed has had the NRA in the background, negotiating instead of standing firm.

Then they hit you with the “well if it weren’t for us you would have lost all these rights” BS.

They discount the hell out of your freedoms.

Every major gun control bill that has ever passed has had the NRA in the background, negotiating instead of standing firm.

Then they hit you with the “well if it weren’t for us you would have lost all these rights” BS.
"Dig deep and GIVE and we'll fight to get some of these rights back and stem the tide!" LOL.

You get a magazine you won’t read and 1000 dollar firearm insurance policy.

It does get you discounts at some places, but I have never looked where.

I am a life member but they will not see another penny from me or my recommendation for others to join so long as Wayne Lapierre is the CEO.

I actually did read the monthly magazines, and you get your choice of three different ones: one just about rifle shooting, with a strong focus on paramilitary rifles; one magazine just about hunting guns, and one about self-defense and preserving the Second Amendment.

But I agree LaPierre's got to go. I quit a few years back and will not re-join until that dude is gone and replaced by somebody who openly repudiates Lapierre's mismanagement of the group.

Back
Top Bottom