• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is Reloading worth the time and effort?

I save about half the cost reloading 9's.
But then I started shooting twice as much.

Reloading is therapy man, there's something therapeutic about making bullets .....

As far as advantages you can make a nice light load, so you can shoot faster if you're competing.

reload

9mm 115 fmg about 7.25 box
9mm 124 lead about 6.00 box

45 ACP 220SWC about 7.75 box
45 ACP 230 FMJ about 10.00 box

300 blk plinkers about .25ea
300 Blk sub under .40ea

Plinking 308 about .37
Match 308 about .58

My family and I shoot about 30,000 rounds of various cals a year together so It saves me a bunch and I enjoy the hobby or reloading

Therapy, that is a good take on it never looked at it that way. Half the cost is definitely more than I expected the answer to be. Without going into crazy detail (I can look at that somewhere on the web) How much does it cost to get started reloading?

Therapy, that is a good take on it never looked at it that way. Half the cost is definitely more than I expected the answer to be. Without going into crazy detail (I can look at that somewhere on the web) How much does it cost to get started reloading?

somewhere around 200 to 300

Press
Dies for the calibers you shoot
Tumbler
Scales
Calipers

I spent about $800 on a dillon 650, set up for 9,mm , 45 and 357/ 38 then added case feeders , powder checkers and other calibers 300 blk, 308 and 45/70
but I did all the math and knew is would quickly pay for itself
What I didn't think was how much I was going to like reloading.
Taylor loads, make very accurate match ammo for distance, make light load for the wife and daughter. heavy loads for steel plate just all types of fun

I almost never buy factory ammo unless its 22s or Shotgun

Back
Top Bottom